It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Is it Wrong

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Is it Wrong

Postby Amethyst » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:47 pm

Is it amoral to give our other half the food we don't eat. I've done it. I know Court's done it. We're trying to lose weight and be healthy so when he have too much or bad food we give it too our loved ones. I'm Just wondering if it's being unfair to them. I know in the end it's their choice to take it. I'm just not sure it seems right.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Re: Is it Wrong

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Thats funny I was thinking the very same thing today, I didn't really come up with an answer but I figure he is big enough and ugly enough to decide what he puts in his mouth.
Junior though is a different matter, I won't give him anything that I'm not prepared to eat myself (except today when I gave him a super sized jersey caramel that I didn't want due to the 80 cal content :oops: ).

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:59 pm

Depends. My other half is one of those people who seems to just waste away and seems to run on high levels of carbs (like potato). So in our house, I always put extra cheese on his stuff and he gets bigger serves of rice or potato or whatever. And he eats anything I don't (though most of the time, I have served myself the right amount these days).

BUT if he were to start having issues with his weight it would be a different matter entirely.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby electrongirl » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:20 am

My husband is a weird one.

He is smaller than me, but all muscle. He works nights stacking 50-100 pound boxes onto pallets and then works in the yard here on his days off. Yet he eats like a mouse!

I don't do anything and I am always hungry.

So even if I gave hubby the food I don't eat, he wouldn't eat it.

My son on the other hand is a different story. He has grown a foot in the past 2 years and eats till the cows come home yet he is a rake.

My family are freaks......
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby longy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:24 am

Im kinda with sue! My hubby is big enough to decide if he wants it or not, and usually he does! It's never junk I offer, usually just the end of a bowl of something that I've served myself too much of. He weighs 40kilos more than me and is by technical terms a 'Unit'. One of those people that is always being mistaken for a famous rugby player (to the point where, he had surgery last year and got VERY special treatment because all the nurses thought he was from an NRL team!- who was he to refuse the treatment! :lol: ) so it doesn't really matter how much of a good thing he gets coz he works it off- is very active.

The one change we've had to make is in regards to our chippie intake! We always used to share a 200g packet of chippies on a sunday night or watching the footy, but now I'm not eating the chips, he enjoyed eating the whole pack the first time and then wrote in big letters on the shopping list (SMALL PACK!) after the second lot! So he's conscious enough to decide for himself :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpdEJU/]
[/url]
longy

Postby Lucid87 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:26 pm

I'd want my husband to be healthy too
*shrugs*
Lucid87

Postby Runner » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:28 pm

My fiance gets any food i don't want, but then its just extra healthy stuff coz we eat pretty well these days. Hes also very thin, as he has an extremely high energy job, I can't give him enough food!
Runner

Postby court » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:08 am

My parter is more of a gym freak than I am.. I have never seen someone come home so purple in the face from a workout! :lol: :roll:
He lives on oats, fruit, yoghurt, tuna salad sandwiches, ham sandwiches and he tends to have little 100 cals bags of twisties and occasionally some nut bars (carmens etc) and lots of protein shakes. I give him extras of food that I dont eat cos firstly i dont believe in waste and secondly he has the hottest body around and works hard at it so he can have my leftovers sometimes! :lol: But yeah - when I say I give him my "extras" it is only healthy stuff, or stuff that we occasionally MAY have in the house that I want him to get rid of so I dont eat it! But these things are generally once a month if that! Dam cadbury huh!! :twisted:
court

Return to Ask the Mob