It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

is this enough? please help

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

is this enough? please help

Postby fatboyslim » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:03 pm

hi i was wondering if the exercise im doing is enough to allow me to lose bulk kg

first about my self, im 16 at the moment i weigh 118kg, my shirt and short size is xxl , im about 185cm tall. my current goal is to get my weight to atleast 100kg and then start lifting weights to gain muscle mass then eventually lose the majority of my fat alltogeather...

what i am doing at the moment is going to the gym 4 times per week (mon, tues, thurs, fri), at the gym i jump on the elliptical machine for 30 mins, have a 15 min break then do 30 mins again, on hill mode. doing that its says i burn (most of the time) 690-700 calories every time i use it, also my other fitness is going to work (coles super market) at work i lift boxes usually about 15 kg and walk for 6-7 hours (on sat and sun) then on wed i do a 4 hour shift. basicly im doing fitness everyday..

what i eat.. at the moment i have cut down all my foods to low carb / low fatty foods, no junk, no soft drinks, water (or dietrite carb reduced cordial when i feel like something sweet) and everytime i finish gym i have 1 serve of the maxs hp+ fat stripping protein shake. if i eat bread it is wholemeal ( no white ), no lollies. ohh also i use the musashi metabolism + carnitine (2 in the morning, 2 before any cardio trainin and 2 just before bed)

so back to my questions,, 1) is this enough to allow me to loose massive amounts of kg as fast as possible
2) is getting to 100kg then start doing 30 mins of cardio, then 30 mins of weights training enough to allow me to loose Bulk fat?

please reply back asap THANX!!! :D :) :D :) :P
3) is this max's hp+ drink work buying, i personally think it is but is rather expensive
fatboyslim

Re: is this enough? please help

Postby Lucid87 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm

It depends on your body, the more you exercise the better your metabolism will be and the better your body will be at losing fat, losing fat quickly isn't necessarily the best way, 1-2 kilos a week is more likely to stay off longer as this help increase your metabolism. The exercise your doing sounds very good so far, too much protein isn't good but not enough isn't either , i'm not sure if you need a high protein shake after gym unless you're doing a lot of weights.

ta
Lucid87

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:22 pm

I would definatly say your consuming to much protein with the protein shake and bars ect, but maybe court can help you out a bit more in that area. I know I only have a protein shake once a day and only after the gym, i prefer to get the rest of my protein from more natural sources.

As for the weight loss- you may want to be careful at the rate your going its likely you'll burn out, you really need to take things slow- there is no hurrying with weight loss, the safe rate to lose is between 500g to 1kg per week.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby ishtiaque.tg » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Hey dude,

I started my weightloss journey from 105 kgs. I lost my first 15 kilos in 2 months.

This is what i used to do 6 days a week:

1) Tread mill -20 mins (200-250 cals)
2) Cross-trainer (Natural Runner) - 30-40 mins (300-350 cals)
3) Stepper - 15 mins (150 cals)

Crunches: 3 sets (total: 90)
Leg rises: 3 sets (total: 30)

Push ups -3 sets, 10, 8, 5.
Chin ups - 3 sets, 7, 5, 3

Food wise, i used to have enough food to just satisfy my hunger. My mom, really, bless her, too care of my food. She used to cook and control my food intake lol.

I personally think that one should start working with weights and muscle definition when he/she has reached the healthy BMI range. I am currently around 79/80 kilos... and I am still working on my weight. I am 174 cm, so I should be below 75 kilos to be in my healthy BMI range. When I reach my 75 kilo mark, i am gonna do strength and free weight training to look like a greek god :P

This is just me. I hope you find what is best for you and stick with it.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. Hoping to see great results from you :)

Ishti.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2zQjUY/]
[/url]

Starting Weight : 105.00 kg
Final Goal Weight : 70.00 kg
Current Weight : 89.00 kg
ishtiaque.tg

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:55 pm

doing weights at any stages builds muscle which helps you to burn calories at a faster rate
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby Lucid87 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:15 pm

ishtiaque.tg wrote:Hey dude,

I started my weightloss journey from 105 kgs. I lost my first 15 kilos in 2 months.

This is what i used to do 6 days a week:

1) Tread mill -20 mins (200-250 cals)
2) Cross-trainer (Natural Runner) - 30-40 mins (300-350 cals)
3) Stepper - 15 mins (150 cals)

Crunches: 3 sets (total: 90)
Leg rises: 3 sets (total: 30)

Push ups -3 sets, 10, 8, 5.
Chin ups - 3 sets, 7, 5, 3

Food wise, i used to have enough food to just satisfy my hunger. My mom, really, bless her, too care of my food. She used to cook and control my food intake lol.

I personally think that one should start working with weights and muscle definition when he/she has reached the healthy BMI range. I am currently around 79/80 kilos... and I am still working on my weight. I am 174 cm, so I should be below 75 kilos to be in my healthy BMI range. When I reach my 75 kilo mark, i am gonna do strength and free weight training to look like a greek god :P

This is just me. I hope you find what is best for you and stick with it.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. Hoping to see great results from you :)

Ishti.

Did you start on the cross trainer at that length of time? I would pass out haha
Lucid87

Postby ishtiaque.tg » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:16 pm

No lol, i didnt do the cross trainer for dat long in the very beginning. In the first day, i think i did it for 30/40 seconds lol. But i reached my peak form after 3 weeks of workout and from then onwards followed this routine :)

"On the decrease" is 100% correct too but,i guess,i am weird when it comes to weight training.

:)

Good luck again bro :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2zQjUY/]
[/url]

Starting Weight : 105.00 kg
Final Goal Weight : 70.00 kg
Current Weight : 89.00 kg
ishtiaque.tg

Return to Ask the Mob