It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 am

Free Newsletter

How much weight to loose?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

How much weight to loose?

Postby weightspender » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:58 am

Currently i weigh 68.5kg, when i started training i weighed at 71kg.
I am 15 years old, 5"7. I want to loose all of the fat on my stomache and then lift weight to get muscles and do crunches/situps to work on abdominal muscles.

Currently i've got a big gut :( My goal is 60kg.
Is this enough to loose the gut? Does anyone have a visual example of what 10kg looks like on the body?

Thanks!
weightspender

Re: How much weight to loose?

Postby soniad » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:49 am

Hi there,

60kg sounds like a fairly lean weight for your height, but it really depends on what body shape you are, whether you are an 'apple' (storing fat around the middle) or a 'pear' (storing fat on the hips and thighs).

Some people just naturally store fat around the middle and that's due togenetics - if that sounds like you, you can't do too much about that - but whatever the case you're doing the right thing regarding the ab exercises. These will tone the muscles on and around around your tummy. Reducing your calories and doing cardio will burn the fat and so I think you have all bases covered and you've got a great chance of letting go of a lot of the excess fat around your middle if you keep doing what you're doing and get to your goal weight.

As for the 10kg thing, it's hard to say because each person is different and we all store fat in different places. Each person will store 10kg on their body differently according to their own genetic make-up. Wouldn't it be great if it all went to the boobs!

Good luck :)
soniad

Return to Ask the Mob