It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Green Tea

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Green Tea

Postby Xiae » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Another question, Does having a Green Tea after breakfast, lunch and dinner speed up your metabolism or is it just a rumour? I don't mind drinking Green Tea, I actually like it. But I like my coffee more. =(

Re: Green Tea

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:52 pm

There is some evidence that green tea before exercise will help speed up your metabolism. I'd heard that it can suppress the appetite a little too. The strongest green tea is the powdered 'matcha' tea you can get from Japanese grocers because you consume the powdered leaf instead of just steeping the leaves, so if you're really keen on green tea it might be worth buying some. I have it in lieu of coffee, mixing the matcha with hot water, stevia (a natural no-calorie sweetener) and soy milk. It's really quite filling!

Re: Green Tea

Postby Anntrenton » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:08 am

I'm a tea addict. I could never get through an entire day without a cup of freshly-brewed loose green tea. The smell alone is enough to make my mouth water and the delicious sensation of fresh hot tea sliding down my throat is something that I always take time to relish during my tea break. Green tea has tons of health benefits and is a great source of antioxidants. The ever increasing sale of green tea actually, is due to its ability to produce fat oxidation. This simply means that drinking green tea will act directly on your body to lessen your fats because of its natural oxidizing property. Some of the best green tea can be found at [advertising link removed]. Cheers!

Return to Ask the Mob