It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Free Newsletter

how to influence your child to stay healthy

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

how to influence your child to stay healthy

Postby kiran_patil » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Yesterday i visited my aunt who has a 10 years son.....i last saw him 2 years ago and he was perfect in shape according to his age...but after 2 years he has put on a lot of aunt was complaing that he doesnt listen to much and eats a lot of junk how can my aunt persuade him to loose weight...plsss help

Re: how to influence your child to stay healthy

Postby electrongirl » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:31 am

Where is he getting the junk food from? I assume your aunt because a 10 year old isn't usually in control of their food supply.

So she needs to throw away all the junk food and only have healthy foods available to him. And she needs to cook healthy meals so he doesn't have a choice.

He might fight it at first but he'll get hungry enough sooner or later and eat it ;)
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby jayanthudar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Take walks with your child after meals
Take up sports which the whole family can do
Teach kids how to swim and ride bikes at an early age
Don't encourage kids to watch TV and limit computer time

Here are some tips for parents whose child are overweight:-
1.Don't forbid any foods, simply limit them. If your kids want to go to McDonalds occasionally, fine. Just don't make it a regular occurrence.
2.Don't force your child to eat if they are not hungry. Children's appetite vary and often during a "growing spurt" they lose their appetite. Don't worry when this happens, as soon as their growing spurt is over you will find they eat extra to make up.
3.Encourage them to snack on healthy carbs like whole grain cereals with low-fat milk, whole grain bread with a light spread of peanut butter and jelly, or fruit spread or fruit breads.
4.Encourage them to eat fresh fruit regularly(keep it on our dining table or on your fridge).
5. Make salads more interesting by adding fruits like grapes, sections of mandarin orange, chunks of pineapple, sliced peaches.

Postby weightspender » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 pm

find healthy foods that they like and make it for them.
DON'T take them to fast food outlets, the animals which the meat comes from are injected with hormones to make them grow faster. These hormones can have bad effects on his body and when he reaches puberty he could develop gynecomastia (man boobs) from the hormones in the meat.

Return to Ask the Mob