It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:09 pm

Free Newsletter

boyfriends..husbands..lovers....???!!

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

boyfriends..husbands..lovers....???!!

Postby sarahm » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:01 pm

hi! here's an interesting question. i have been with my man for about 6 months. when we first met i was about a size 18+. he loved mycurves..always made me feel sexy and desireable. well he didnt realise i was/am on a major weightloss journey-over the months i have lost 25 kgs and am wearing a size 14. however-he has not directly commented on this- kind of just says" you always look really good'. its funny cause other people come up to me when we are out and about and exclaim"omg-you've lost SO much weight!" etc. he never says a thing! do u think he is trying to be polite-sensitive? do your significant others seem not to notice this kind of weightloss? do your men prefer you heavier? also-does any one feel MORe self conscious in their b'day suits since shedding weight? i can see all my jiggly/saggy bits oh so clearly these days! aargh. would love to hear back from anyone about these thoughts! till then-be happy. sarahm. xx :?:
sarahm

Re: boyfriends..husbands..lovers....???!!

Postby fi_112 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:44 pm

If I was you I'd just come out and say, "Guess what babe I've dropped 3 dress sizes. Did you notice?" Keep it flirty and light hearted at first, and if he reacts badly just say "I feel like you aren't recognising how hard I've worked for this and supporting me to keep going..."
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby court » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:24 pm

hahaha thats funny fi :D
sarah I cant relate to it so much cos the bf is really supportive cos he has kinda done it with me BUT I can relate to the other things you say - feeling like I am fatter than ever (when Im not) - not being a huge fan of my less than impressive 10DD's haha. (Used to be much bigger and bf is happy to point THAT out too)..
When it comes down to it I am doing this for me and my health and I am proud of what i have achieved - but it is time to start working on "up here" *points to head* as well as this *holds tummy flab*...I know I need to!!
Maybe he is insecure and afraid that if he compliments you - you may go look for better things? You need to re-assure him!
Court x
court

Postby onthedecrease » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:59 pm

my fiance is very supportive of my journey and always compliments me on my new found curves ect ect ect. Partners however tend to spend so much time with you that they dont notice the weight coming off as its such a slow transformation.

are you saying that hes less attracted to you now or that its the same, im a bit confused- does he still make you feel sexy and desirable?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby Mogget » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:28 pm

My finace met and proposed to me at close to my highest weight - he has never had a problem with it. But he LOVES that as I lose weight I am happier, more active, more confident, dress nicer, am more playful, feel more amorous, and more likely to say yes to spontaneous adventures etc etc. There is no doubt at all that the above qualities make me an altogether more attractive person, and he loves that too. As I lose weight he also finds me more physically attractive - he has always been extremely verbal about loving me, and very interested sexually - but now he also comments on how hot I look, that I am pretty, that I look great. To tell the truth if he had said any of this before I would have not believed him anyway, and maybe he just knew that. We both work with a personal trainer together twice a week and he is just as excited about his own changing body as I am about mine (and vice versa!). I also find myself commenting on how sexy he is getting. Not that he wasn't before but he is MORE sexy now!
I never thought I would witness the destruction of a Universe whilst carrying a naked merchant banker...

Mogget

Postby sarahm » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:40 pm

hi hello! thanks for all the responses-very interesting reading! hmmm..so it seems i am quite alone on this one. got me to thinking. so ,thanks to your comments i announced to my dear man ' have u noticed i have lost weight?' he sheepishly said yes he had..then i said 'i have lost over 18kgs since i met u'. his eyes popped out and he said'but u werent that big!' okay... yes he is still making me feel very sexy and desireable etc. just thiught it odd he didnt specifically comment on it. maybe there is some wisdom in the 'is he insecure' comment. its weird being 'seen' sexually by others again after 2 years if 'invisibilty'. got a wolf-whistle the other day and was gobsmacked! thanks again for the friendship all. have a great weekend-sarahm. x
sarahm

Postby fi_112 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Good girl!! I think also sometimes men just don't think they need to compliment you .. just assume that since you know you've lost weight, you dont need to be told... hahah they don't understand us :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Amethyst » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:19 am

I keep asking my BF how he feels about me trying to lose weight and he says he loves me no matter what. Even if my cupsize gets smaller lol So Yeah he probably loves you for you anyway
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Return to Ask the Mob