It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:17 am

Free Newsletter

Dance/Exercise DVD's??

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Dance/Exercise DVD's??

Postby starr22 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:48 am

Hi Guys,

I want to get some home exercise DVD's and I've heard that there are dance ones which sound extremely fun! If anyone has one, can you tell me where u got it from? :D

Any info is muchly appreciated, thanx guys :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Re: Dance/Exercise DVD's??

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:57 am

I get all of mine from eBay. You just need to be careful to check that the DVDs are compatible with the region and playback type (PAL/NTSC) your DVD player is set to. Although my DVD player is supposed to be multiregion and play both NTSC and PAL I've had a few region 1 DVDs that simply won't play.

As to dance workout DVDs, I have a Ministry of Sound 'Pump it up' DVD. It uses recent dance music, so it's pretty enjoyable if you like that type of music. The workout isn't too difficult, it's a lot of fun and it really gets your heart pumping. If you're interested in something a bit different I highly recommend 'Honey Kalaria's Bollywood Workout'. That's great fun and it REALLY tires you out! I also have the New York City Ballet Workout DVD. That's not so fun, it's quite difficult but it's good if you have ballet experience. Carmen Electra has a series of DVDs called 'Fit to Strip'. They're fun, but I find they don't provide the same high intensity cardio workout as the Ministry of Sound or Bollywood dance DVDs.

I hope I'm not highjacking your thread, Starr, but has anyone here bought a bellydancing DVD? I've been thinking of getting a tribal bellydance exercise DVD recently, but I've been told by a friend that bellydancing really doesn't raise your heart-rate much. I'd love to hear from people who have tried it.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Amethyst » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:03 pm

I have done belly dance classes. The moves take effort definately, especially getting them right. I think it's a good way to lose weight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Daisybeck » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:25 pm

It might sound corny but I LOVE Richard Simmons. I have two of his dvds. They're designed for overweight people and the people that he uses in the dvds in the routines aren't super thin, mega toned waifs and so it's less intimidating and daunting to watch and follow. Plus the routines are fun. low impact and designed for people with a lot of weight to lose.
Daisybeck

Postby mary1 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:10 pm

starr22 wrote:Hi Guys,

I want to get some home exercise DVD's and I've heard that there are dance ones which sound extremely fun! If anyone has one, can you tell me where u got it from? :D

Any info is muchly appreciated, thanx guys :D

Yes, I bought a DVD last week. It was really fun.
mary1

Postby danmo48 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Dancing is so much fun. I bought the Zumba pack from Target. $99 and you get all the dvds and the toning sticks. I am a big chick and I can do the workouts. It is so much fun.
On my other days I like doing an aerobic workout on dvd. It is called walk your way slim. It can get boring but you do get a workout.
It is always great fun to change up your workout every now and then so you don't get so bored.
danmo48

Return to Ask the Mob