It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 am

Free Newsletter

Help same me from making mistakes!

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Help same me from making mistakes!

Postby jessiebebe » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi,

I need someone to tell me if what I am doing is alright and correct, I don't want to spend to much time making errors because I know I will get disheartened and walk away.

I'm 26 years old, I weigh 77.5 kgs and for my height I'm sure that means my body fat is 23%

I work from home, not only is it hard being so close to your kitchen all day whilst you try to fight of eating from boredom but I can not stray to far from my computer and fax, which makes it hard to keep active, but I have a treadmill in the next room and a few other exercise pieces.

I'm on the lite n easy 1200 calorie meal plan which includes my breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack in between, but i find I still have a tin of tuna here and there, or maybe 2 rise crackers with vegemite light smeared on. - Does anyone know if this meal plan is any good, I'm only doing it for a couple of months to retrain my metabolism and learn about portion size.

I worked out in the morning for 30 minutes and 30 minutes later on in the evening, all together I covered 4 ks and the treadmill calorie meater read 600 calories. - Am I over doing it? I only work out twice a day because as I mentioned earlier, I am sat down most of the day and I want to keep active and full of energy.

I hope someone can answer my questions, and if anyone is interested in asking questions about lite n easy I'm more than happy to answer any of your questions.
jessiebebe

Re: Help same me from making mistakes!

Postby ~*Kat*~ » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:53 pm

I dont think what ur doing is wrong it sounds very healthy to me
I would just make sure there r no tempting foods in the house and stock up on carrot and celery sticks so snack on if u get really desperate.
~*Kat*~

Postby brookeelizabeth » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:44 am

heyy jessiebebe wat your doing sounds very similar to how my plan is. i work out 40 mins twice a day when im not working and once a day when i am. but i havent been doing the calorie thing cause i find that hard to find out the information i need. but i agree with kat stock up on the carrots and celery and you should be right.
youve come to the right place for help :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJlAHCX/]
[/url]
brookeelizabeth

Postby prin » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:32 am

There is great website called calorie count (just google) it has all the calorie information you need with most foods listed, also heaps of information and support, it may help you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfD5n8O/]
[/url]
prin

Postby Jisgone » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:33 pm

It sounds like a good plan :) and dont believe your treadmill! the calories burnt they come up with is generally way off, according to my heart rate monitor I burn about half the calories my treadmill believes.
Theres another great site loads of people on here use its http://www.calorieking.com.au, you enter all your details and it tells you how much you should be eating a day. It also has a diary so you can track what your eating and they have the calorie content of most foods saved on the site :)
Jisgone

Postby fi_112 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:08 pm

I think you mean your BMI is 23, not your body fat percentage. If your body fat % is 23 then you are in GREAT SHAPE
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby miranda*jane » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:58 pm

fi_112 wrote:I think you mean your BMI is 23, not your body fat percentage. If your body fat % is 23 then you are in GREAT SHAPE

Wish my body was 23% fat... ;)
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Return to Ask the Mob