It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 am

Free Newsletter

too FEW calories???

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

too FEW calories???

Postby sarahm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:27 pm

hi- a question. have realised i am actually having too few calories each day..what will this do to my weight-loss efforts? help!
sarahm

Re: too FEW calories???

Postby onthedecrease » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:26 pm

when you have less cals than your body requires you can send your body into starvation mode which basically makes you hold onto anything that goes into your body which stops you from losing, also when your at a low rate of cals you really have no where else to go from there i.e when you plateu you cant go even lower on cals. 1200cals is the bare minnimum, hope that helps :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby sarahm » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:54 pm

hi-thanks for that! have looked it up a bit more and am managing to adjust the intake. sometimes this gets so scientific!lol. hope you are well,hows it all going 4 u ?
sarahm

Postby Shay » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:08 pm

I work in nutrition, physical activity and obesity and just make sure you're not under-reporting. Its something that heaps of people do, so make sure you're specific with portion sizes, including things like sauces, etc :)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby ybuddha » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:54 am

Well basically to lose weight it basically comes down to 2 things - limiting the calories you intake to below that required to function on normal day and / or increasing your exercise so you burn more calories than you take in on a given day. I like to keep things simple and that is the basic formula to weight loss.

However, do be careful that the calories are not a very low level...you will begin feeling tired all the time, and as mentioned above your body may move into starvation mode where it tries to store energy as fat. But it all depends just how many calories a day you are taking.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Shalimar on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed.
ybuddha

Return to Ask the Mob