It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:44 am

Free Newsletter

duromine newbie

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

duromine newbie

Postby trying so hard! » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has been in a similar sitatuon.

I have a goal of 20KG to loose. I weighed 81KG in February 09 - the heaviest I've been. I now am around 76KG. I am 26yr old Female. I should also point out I am Type 1 diabetic for 22 years.

Now I've lost say 5 KG, however I work out on average at least 6 times a week and eat a very strictly carolie controlled diet. The most weight I lost was on a meal replacement program - the biggest loser one.

But still I've seen doctor's and dietitians, they have seen my food records and exercise diaries and can't believe I am not loosing anything more.

Recently a doctor prescribed me to duromine. I haven't bought it yet as I've been a little scared / hestiant. After reading this forum, it seems lots of people have had success on the pills, but I'm concerned, has anyone else done it when you are doing 'everything right' already? Is it worth it?

I am doing the meal replacement shakes and bars again, still working out 6 days a week, but I am becoming depressed from not getting results. I am getting married in January and am soooooooooooooo sick of the pressure to loose weight but want to prove to everyone who has told me that I can't do it that I CAN!

Can anyone else give any advice? Anyone else tried duromine if you are already on the supposed 'right track'?
trying so hard!

Re: duromine newbie

Postby emmer138 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:56 pm

hi,

that sucks that you've hit a big brick wall and can't seem to find a way around it! i've used duromine and it helped me have a kickstart into my weightloss, but it was because i couldnt stop eating.. hopefully it will work for you?

i was just wondering, how many meals do you eat a day? are you drinking enough water? and has your measurements changed since youve been working out and everything? because muscle does weight more than fat

i hope you can find the answer soon! i hit a plateau the other week and it drove me insane!
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby trying so hard! » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:13 pm

hi Emmer,

Thanks it completley does suck!

I've really been platueing for about 3 months.

VERY frustrating.

I eat 6 meals a day generally, drink plenty of water too.... a typical day at the moment:

Biggest loser meal replacement shake for brekkie + protein powder, nestle diet youghurt with fruit for morning tea, BL meal replacement bar for lunch, light snack of some sort for afternoon tea, then say tonight a piece of salmon baked with steamed veggies and a dinner roll.

I've seen dietitians prior to going on meal replacement bars and they can't fault my diet... if I'm not on meal replacement bars, I'm eating varieties of all the foods we know we should, eggs, wholegrain cereals, salmon, salads..... yes she thought I was maybe not eating enough, but I've just entered my food intake for today and whilst I went over 1600 calories, I had a good serving of salmon as my body was dying for it!

I have been working out for about 5 years in a gym... it's nothing new to my body. Measurements have slightly changed since the beginning of the year, but for the effort I put in - the results do not add up.

Oh and I've also recently been put on metformin as well.

Oh well I think I've decided I'm going to start taking it. I mentally need some loss to happen to kick start my body going YES you can do this.
trying so hard!

Postby emmer138 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:46 pm

i think you've done so well though.. especially eating well. i think alot of other people in your situation would just give up and binge eat alot of crap, and put a heap of weight back on.. i remember when i was young, my friends mum was diabetic and she didn't care.. she ate anything and everything and was very overweight which is so scary. at least you've proven to yourself that you can have a healthy lifestyle :) well done!
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Return to Ask the Mob