It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:44 am

Free Newsletter

SureSlim - Does it really work?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

SureSlim - Does it really work?

Postby riotgirl » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi everyone. Just wanted to know how many people have tried SureSlim and does it really work?
I've read about how most people's diets don't really differ and that the blood test is a scam.
I have a friend who is on this program and have lost 20+kg, though I'm curious about the sustainability of weight lost...?
If anyone has been on it and finished it for a couple of years... would be really useful to know about the effectiveness of this diet.
Thank you! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmILpmD/]
[/url]
riotgirl

Re: SureSlim - Does it really work?

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 am

All I know about it is what you have already said above and that people gain more than what they have lost.

One of my cousins did it and although she hasnt gained all her weight back she has gained around 6 kilos in as many months.

Check out Calorie King, its far more sustainable in the long run.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby riotgirl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks heaps Shalimar. :)
By the way, I checked out your before and after photos and like many of the other members, I too, am very inspired!
May I ask, how you lost all that weight and resisted temptation too?
I constantly give in to the chocolate. :( Thanks in advance.
[/url]
riotgirl

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks riotgirl :) , I dont know how I found the motivation or determination to do it, I literally woke up one morning and decided at the drop of a hat I was going to lose weight once and for all.
Somehow my motivation never waned and the more I lost and the closer I got to where I wanted to be the more my motivation and resolve grew. Failing wasnt an option.

I do give in to the chocolate, every single night but I just have a little bit, I stick religiously to my calorie allowance, I do my exercise and the weight loss takes care of itself.
I guess I have been lucky really but that in no way means I havent worked for what I have acheived.

All the best in your own journey and have a great day :) .

Shalimar

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Like everything, if you go back to eating what you were beforehand then you will gain weight thats inevitable, if you dont learn anything then you have wasted your time, thats universal to every diet. IMO blood test diets dont work (not that ive tried it) but it just doesnt make sense at all.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby riotgirl » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Shalimar: Thanks for sharing. Wow, I am inspired indeed. It is an amazing achievement and thank you for the wishes on my own journey too. :D

onthedecrease: Yeah, SureSlim apparently does a blood test to 'correct your metabolism' but I've noticed that all they do, is cut out carbs. Like my friend who is on SureSlim can only have so many crackers a day with her can of tuna. She lost the weight really fast though. Then of course, there is the blood type diet which talks about all evolutionary reasons of why certain blood types should avoid carbs/certain proteins, fruits and veges. I'm not sure if either is sustainable to be honest and I don't want to lose the weight only to put it back on again... if only I didn't love food. Hehhee...
[/url]
riotgirl

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:46 am

Just wanted to add in about the blood tests that they do (if they actually do them, they may collect the blood but I seriously have my doubts as to what they do with it).... no matter what the results are they give every one the same "diet" and slug you $900 for the privilege :roll: .

Shalimar

Postby onthedecrease » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:06 am

Ive never done it before but IMO its exactly like WW in that its a diet that you allready know if you actually sat down and think about it, you know whats healthy and whats not do you really need to pay the $900 odd it costs just for the privilidge, id never say dont try it if thats what you want to do because all diets work essentially they are all the same concepts its just how well you stick to them. Best of luck to whatever you choose, it can be pretty daunting even thinking about loosing the weight at all :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby court » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:54 am

they take BLOOD?!!?
hmmm nope that doesnt sound right to me! Unless a doctor is taking my blood to test something like thyroid function I wouldnt be trusting a weight loss clinic with my blood.. eek! :shock:
court

Postby karinita » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:02 pm

I did sure slim
I lost 50kg and kept it off for 5 years
after a few years of eating well it corrected my metabolism to the extent that I could eat an entire muffin and still lose weight on that day
I got used to small meals and eating a whole muffin would stretch my stomach

I regained 20 kg because i reverted completely to my old ways for 2 years. It took me 2 years to regain the weight. during my rebound phase I ate only carbs, drank no water and never ate veggies or much protein. so I would say sure slim works to the extent that i had to work hard to regain the weight.

sure slim aims to keep the levels of insulin down and the levels of human growth hormone up. Its not an easy diet but its effective

you need to follow the diet to the letter.. you have to do everythign they tell you.
karinita

Postby karinita » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:04 pm

ps. I lost 3-4 kgs a week depending on how well I planned the meals. the more grade A protein I chose the faster i lost weight.. at one stage I was losing .5kg a day.
karinita

Return to Ask the Mob