It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

LOOSING WEIGHT BUT NOT BODY FAT??? HOW DOES IT WORK

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

LOOSING WEIGHT BUT NOT BODY FAT??? HOW DOES IT WORK

Postby Sassyt » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi

If anyone understands better than me please explain to me how is possible to loose Weight to be precise I have gone from 105.8kg to 100.4kg but my body fat is still sky rocketing. How do I tackle this???

Please help :? :cry: :(
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Re: LOOSING WEIGHT BUT NOT BODY FAT??? HOW DOES IT WORK

Postby onthedecrease » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

How do you know that your not losing fat?? Have you taken measurements if they have decreased its a fair indication that you have lost fat. It is possible that its water weight or muscle weight that you have lost, but without more information its pretty hard to give you a firm idea of whats happening. Theres no way that you could lose 5.4kg and have your fat percentage go up imo. :shock:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby fi_112 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:42 pm

Are you exercising? You could be losing muscle if you are on a low-carb diet and no exercise
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Sassyt » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:37 pm

fi_112 wrote:Are you exercising? You could be losing muscle if you are on a low-carb diet and no exercise

Yes I am exercising 3-4 times a week just that I did not go for the past 2 weeks but Im back to it. I alternate weights and cardio. Please see my report below that I got from some machine at the gym that I attend.

the LifeZone and/or performed at the HealthZone)

Date Weight (kg) Blood pressure mmHg) Body fat(%)
2009-08-17 105.80 136/88 45.2

Date Weight (kg) Blood pressure mmHg) Body fat(%)
20/10/2009 100.40 140/92 45.5
Sassyt wrote:Hi

onthedecrease wrote:How do you know that your not losing fat?? Have you taken measurements if they have decreased its a fair indication that you have lost fat. It is possible that its water weight or muscle weight that you have lost, but without more information its pretty hard to give you a firm idea of whats happening. Theres no way that you could lose 5.4kg and have your fat percentage go up imo. :shock:

I get the measurements from the health zone at my gym. I got there every month. They have some machine that they use on your arm to dectate your body fat. I just got a bit worried and thought I should turn to my fellow forum members for clarification. However on the brighter side of it I feel great about the loss of weight. Not sure how to loose that fat :roll:
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby fi_112 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:55 am

Sounds like a mistake with the machine. I wouldn't worry, sounds as if you're doing great!!!!!! nice work on the loss xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Sassyt » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:30 pm

Thank you Fi

I hope that machine is faulty it would not be nice to work so hard and no loss on fat
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby John » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:14 pm

The idea of estimating your body fat by measuring it on your arm just doesn't seem right. You'd think that the stomach would be the best place to start. My guess is that your arms aren't yet getting slimmer, hence no change in readings.
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby Sassyt » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Thank you guys I better keep at it I hope next time that machine will say something better. :wink:

Thanks again guys
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby onthedecrease » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:45 pm

a better way of keeping track of losses is actual measurements of cms lost i.e legs, arms, waist, hips, bust ect, i think that if your working out and watching your diet then there would be a definite improvement
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Return to Ask the Mob