It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Free Newsletter

stopping smoking!!

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

stopping smoking!!

Postby sarahm » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:21 am

:shock: hi there! i need help! have given up smoking after 20 years...day three today so its very hard!!has anyone here gone thru this?? of course we have all heard the stories of weight gain that goes with quitting.. what strategies can i use? i feel VERY hungry!! eating takes the cravings away..what else can i do?? please someone help(ps-i have gone cold-turkey)
sarahm

Re: stopping smoking!!

Postby onthedecrease » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:35 am

hi sarahm, yes Ive been through it, I gave up on the first of September this year and havent looked back. I used patches for the first 5days and then went without, after the first week or so, you will begin to think much less about smoking. I never really felt like I needed to eat to compensate, I just kept busy by going to the gym or cleaning or just generally thinking about something less. Perhaps chewing some chewy when you have cravings or even sugar free lollies so that way you feel you're eating without the junk. I think in the mean time if you gain a kg or two it will work out in the long run, you just have to remember that stopping smoking has to take a bit of priority in the mean time. The worst four-five days are the worst, just keep going and you will get through it. :!:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Re: stopping smoking!!

Postby Aylilth » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Hey,

I quit in Feb this year I used the patches for a week then left them.

I found chewy really helped.

It's one of those things thats more mental b/c there are things that will tie in smoking after dinner, before bed, with a coffee after censored :lol:

Try to break some of the hand in hand habits or just be ready.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wngemn5/]
[/url]

Come follow me on my blog
Aylilth

Return to Ask the Mob