It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby sarahm » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:25 am

hi-a question. ok i know we shouldnt weigh in daily but well its a habit of mine . can someone explain why this weeks numbers go like this-
s-79.2 :evil: its not TTOM or anything. drink 2lt water each day. stay on track w-CK calories(1300-1350 daily). think i am gonna chuck my scales out-it is annoying me ALOT!! help!

Re: up-down-up-down

Postby John » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Sarah, I don't think there is a rule that you shouldn't weigh every day. However, it's well known that people who weigh every day are more likely to lose weight (see Anyway, what to do with daily fluctuations? I use a spreadsheet for my weights, and have tried averaging 5 days, averaging 10 days, however the best and simplest method I use to smooth out fluctuations is to just ignore any daily change greater than 200g. So if you weigh 80kg one day, and 79kg the next, write down your weight as 79.8kg. Similarly for upwards. This is based on the fact that it's unlikely for someone to gain or lose 7000kj of fat in a single day. As for your daily variations, they don't look that big, you can always re-weigh and see if you get a different (or better) number.
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg

Return to Ask the Mob