It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:31 am

Free Newsletter

Can't seem to loose anything !

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Can't seem to loose anything !

Postby Sera3219 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Hey all I'm 21 and put on over 20 kgs while preg with my son, I'm on duromine at the moment but I only take it every second day. I eat 3 times a day, I don't eat much but I've always been like this, I do step aerobics 30 mins a day and yet my weight still hasn't shifted ! Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong n give me some advice n even some ideas on the foods i shud be eating ? Thanks
Sera3219

Re: Can't seem to loose anything !

Postby John » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Hello Sera, a couple of suggestions. For the next (say) week, weigh daily and also count kilojoules. Also try and increase protein, I'm aiming for 100g a day and apart from the cost, it's great at suppressing appetite. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, btw.
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby Sera3219 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:39 pm

Thanks my problem is that I don't have an appatite I force myself u eat at least 3 times a day, I've read on here that I shud be eating more but for me that's impossible. I weighed in today and have lost 2 kgs since last week ! So I now feel like I'm getting somewhere thanks for ur advice I'll definatly try to eat more protein
Sera3219

Postby chengbee » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Sera!! Yes - You should try to eat something even if you don't have the appetite.
One of my friends was on Duromine - lost 10kg within 1 month. But at the end of it all, she also looked about 5 years old. Pale faced, white lips, dry skin and hair. She actually looked scary.
So remember to eat and drink lotsa water. Best of luck!!!
chengbee

Postby Fireball » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Hey Sera. Good on you for deciding that your going to lose the excess weight. I agree with John - track what you are doing for a week then you have an objective place to look at what is happening. I understand what you are saying about your appetite as I used to smoke and couldn't eat breakfast. One of the big problems with putting on weight is waiting till you're really hungry - it's so easy to binge. Plan by imagining what things you like that you might eat at different times of the day and made sure to have a variety of these things handy. Then eat it. To get started you might try things like strawberries, nuts or a sandwich. It is an experiment to determine what works for you. Take heart, once I worked it out I'm finding it's not that bad to follow through and I'm losing weight. Good luck!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Return to Ask the Mob