It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Lucid87 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:34 am

Gosh i really am writing a lot today.

I was just wondering, CK has been both a blessing and a curse, i find my thought patterns are running back to years ago when i did the ww points system.

Now that i know how many calories the bad foods are, when it's close to the end of the day and i have spare calories i think ooo i could have had some of this today or i could stll have some of this today.

My question is, do you find you lose no matter whether you're treating yourself as long as you stay with in your calories or is the weight loss quicker/longer lasting if you keep all calories or most, healthy?

Re: Calories

Postby Czarina » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:34 am

You will lose pretty much no matter what you eat within your calories, but of course, it is much better for your body to keep it healthy! But you must allow treats, don't deprive yourself too much. :D

Postby Carley » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:46 pm

I completely agree, it won't kill you to treat yourself, remember it's a treat. If you do not treat yourself you will binge, and that sucks!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos

Postby fi_112 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Yeah, you'll still lose if you stick to your calorie allowance, but -

1. Eating high calorie foods will mean you can't eat as much or as often, so you're probably more likely to go over your calories cos you'll still be hungry
2. Eating lots of processed food and not enough fresh fruit and vegies may result in you being blocked up, tired and feeling like crap
3. Your blood sugar won't be as stable so you'll be more moody and more hungry

Having said that, I DEFINITELY condone treats, I love treats! But try and keep 80% of it healthy xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are

Return to Ask the Mob