It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:03 am

Free Newsletter

Hypnotherapist in Melbourne?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Hypnotherapist in Melbourne?

Postby JacquiB » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:23 pm

I am looking for a hypnotherapist in melbourne for weight loss - I had it once before i was pregnant and i found it helped me with motivation and staying focused - if anyone can recommend one - that would be great :)
JacquiB

Re: Hypnotherapist in Melbourne?

Postby christinaH » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:31 pm

i went to one for smoking - he was a nice man i think he was based in malvern - not sure if he does weight loss - i will hunt around my flat for some more info - maybe a business card!
christinaH

Postby JacquiB » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:33 pm

thank you Christina - let me know if you find more information :)
JacquiB

Postby rebeccawhiterabbit » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:49 pm

i went to a man in springvale rd for smoking but not weight loss too. i will check if anyone i know has gone to one
rebeccawhiterabbit

Postby christinaH » Thu May 06, 2010 7:50 am

i saw my friend the other day who used hypnotherapy for weight loss. she said it helped her with motivation and focus and also worked on her relationship with junk food?! sounds good to me - anyway she has lost weight and is really happy
christinaH

Postby JacquiB » Mon May 10, 2010 8:32 pm

i am booked into see a hypnotherapist this wednesday night - i will let you know how it goes
JacquiB

Postby JacquiB » Sun May 16, 2010 9:17 pm

I had my first session the other night. It went for an hour and a half discussing my relationship with food, my weight loss goals and thoughts about exercise. we worked on a plan together for my weight loss.
The lady was nice - not condescending or judgemental thank goodness! After talking we then did the hypnotherapy. I thought i would be completely alseep but i could still hear what was going on - I just felt very relaxed and calm. I slept well that night and since then i have started the plan we agreed together and it is going well so far. I go back to her next week. So far so good.
JacquiB

Postby JacquiB » Sun May 16, 2010 9:22 pm

i forgot to say - it was quite different to the hypno i had before i was pregant. I got to be more involved in this session and speak more about what i needed which is kind of a relief because i always feel silly being lectured about weight loss and this wasnt a lecture thankfully.
JacquiB

Postby rebeccawhiterabbit » Sun May 23, 2010 12:19 pm

HI JacqUI - can you please tell us the name of the lady you are seeing :?: thank you :D
rebeccawhiterabbit

Postby JacquiB » Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Christina - thank you for your post - gosh I am hopeless and slow with replies !
I had to re book my second session with the hypnotherapist because my bub got sick last week...... so I am going again this week for my second session
I have had a healthy week of walking each morning for an hour and am eating sensibly.; which was what was agreed with the hypnotherapist. I have had good motivation this week even thou it has been cold (one of the things we identified was an issue with me)
I will update on my second session too. I cant remember her name - I think the business name is "Hypnotics". Anyway I will have a look and keep you posted on my progress!
JacquiB

Postby rebeccawhiterabbit » Sat May 29, 2010 6:47 pm

LOOKING forward to more updates Jacqui! Your little diary so far is great! Thank you for sharing it :lol: :P
rebeccawhiterabbit

Postby JacquiB » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Ok - it has been a little while since I have been on here. My bub has been sick so I have been very busy - he is just at that age where colds come thick and fast :lol:
The hypnotherapy is going really well! It has helped a lot with my cravings for unhealthy food and portion size
I feel so much better
I am exercising more too - I am walking four times per week for 45 mins with the view of walking 5 times per week for an hour by the end of June
I have decided winter is a great time to get into shape I feel happier to exercise as well like i have a real sense of satisfaction once I have finished
Anyway that is all for now folks! I will write again when I have another update - if anyone has any questions about what the hypnotherapy has been like please give me a shout I would really recommend it so far!
JacquiB

Postby fifi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Jacqui - can you please confirm the name of this hypnotherapist? I couldn't seem to find it on the internet - maybe i typed something wrong i have LOT OF WEIGHT to shift so need someone to get me moving
fifi

Postby slinkysandra » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:10 pm

I'd like to know the proper website too - i cant seem to find it on the web to make any enquiries - and ask my 20 questions......LOL! :)
slinkysandra

Postby JacquiB » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:40 am

the web address is www.hypnotics.net.au
Sorry it has taken me so long to post again i have been away for the long weekend on a get away in the mountains and doing a little bit of hiking too it has been nice out in the crisp fresh air!
ok on the weight loss project - things are still running smoothly, I am feeling motivated to exercise and i dont feel like i want to comfort eat during winter which is great because normally i get sucked into this pattern so i am happy.
If anyone has any more questions please feel free to ask I am happy to answer no problems!
Have a happy long weekend! :)
JacquiB

Next

Return to Ask the Mob