It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:31 am

Free Newsletter

stomach overhang...embarrassing but true

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

stomach overhang...embarrassing but true

Postby nothing2lose » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:48 pm

Okay - here I am AGAIN nagging people with yet another embarassing question...

I carry almost all of my excess weight up front. I am very well endowed (22F) and I have a big belly :(
I have small hips and bum with very little cellulite. My legs are too fat but they are not absolutely massive (I dont think they are!)

I am ashamed to admit it but my stomach is WAY TOO BIG and consists of two LARGE rolls broken by a crease where my belly button is. The bottom roll overhangs over my "bits" (if you know what I mean) (hopefully that is not too much information :oops: )

I think my current measurements are as follows (I say "think" because I am never sure if I am doing it right)

upper stomach roll - 125cm
mid section (ie where belly button is) - 121.5cm
lower overhanging roll - 129cm

Okay, the question is...has anyone on this site successfully gotten rid of a belly like this?
I know I will never have washboard abs, or even a flat stomach, but I worry the only way to get rid of the overhang is surgery.

Please let me know if you know of anyone who has conquered this! Any tips on HOW would also be gratefully received!!! :)

sheepishly yours

PS Spammers P*SS off!!! I dont want to know about your detox diets, yoga miracle cures or magic smoke clouds. I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM GENUINE REAL DINKY DI FORUM MEMBERS!!!!! thank you :D

HW - September 2008 - 121.3kg :( :(
SW - 16 May 2010 - 110.4 kg :(
New SW - 6 January 2011 - 108 kg :(
First GW 99kg :) My aim is to reach this goal by April 15, 2011

Re: stomach overhang...embarrassing but true

Postby MissSonia » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:26 pm

There is only so much you can do with exercise that will assist in toning your tummy, but in saying that, if it has stretched out for a long time, you may have some "overhang". Many of those that have lost massive amounts of weight do have surgery to remove the excess skin, but I'd say take things slow in the weight loss so your body can keep up and see how things go when you're closer to your goal weight.

P.S. I'm also well-endowed in the chesticles.... 14g - 14h.

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:46 pm

I agree with Miss Sonia. Slow weight loss will give your skin a better chance of shrinking to match your body. Some people swear by shaping undergarments to help get their bellies back in shape after pregnancy so they might be worth a look too. I've bought a couple, but they weren't the right size so they don't really do much except look like granny-undies on steroids. :lol:

Postby karinita » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:58 pm

i cant say i have had total success because I never lost all my weight, but as I lost weight the shape got alot better (even though before dieting I coudl not see how I was going to get rid of that mess hanging in front of me) and endermolgie helps to tighten the skin alot. Endermology also gets rid of excess water and it shrank substantially after just one session. I have a similar body shape as you do, and the good news is.. if we cant fix it, tummy tucks are not THAT expensive.

Postby george georgiou » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:53 pm

Hi My daugher had the same problem and lost 20kg over 3 months. It really depends on the diet and how much exercise you are doing. That is keep to a really healthy diet and do some really moderate exercise to try and tighten up the bod.
If you want a good diet that will first detox your body and get you losing weight then go to [link removed] and if you want to give a testimonial then you get it for free.

Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed.
george georgiou

Postby Louise(: » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:06 am

Your age will also have alot to with how well it will bounce back. As you get older you lose more and more of your skin elasticity. For a 17 year old girl it would probably go back to shape pretty nicely but if you are a 40 year old woman you have a much lower chance of the skin tightening up again naturally. But yes the best advice in this situation is slow weight loss, as overly fast loss definately leaves u with saggier skin. It also increases the risk of putting the weight back on, in turn damaging your skin elasticity even more, making it even harder to return to normal.

Return to Ask the Mob