It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Plateau

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Plateau

Postby dani09 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:32 am

Hi, My name is Danielle.

I'm 21 years old, 157cm, 56kg with a BMI of 23
I go to the gym for 2 hours each day and do martial arts 3 nights a week.

I've been trying to loose weight since the beginning of the year, and after starting off at 63kg, I've now lost 7kg.

My goal is to fit into a size 8 bikini that I bought in Summer last year. I'm currently a size 10, and I seem to have hit a wall

I haven't noticed any change/improvement in my weight or dress size in the last month, and it's beginning to get really frustrating. I'm so close to my goal of being able to fit into that bikini, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Danielle
dani09

Re: Plateau

Postby mevsthebulge » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi Danielle

In order to jump start your weight loss again you will need to change your routine. Reassess your food intake (if you're eating too little calories try eating more to get your body back in to fat burning mode) and change up your fitness schedule. Try movements which use the whole body - lunges with a bicep curl incorporated, jump squats, skipping, step ups with a bicep curl. These are the best movements for weight loss as the include both strength and cardio.

Good luck! You'll get there in NO time at all if you are willing to work hard!
mevsthebulge

Postby geri » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:14 pm

I have read mixing up your routine really works too
geri

Postby Louise(: » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:45 am

Well you are already outside of the healthy BMI range this is probably why youre body is reluctant to shed the extra kilos - because its not healthy to do so however i doubt that makes an inch of difference to u cos when us girls want something we want it bad!

So i would agree with exactly what was said above. Our bodies adjust to anything and everything sooner or later. For example if you drink alcohol everyday for 6 months then eventually you wont be getting anywher near the same effects as you did to begin with because you have built up a tolerance to it. Its exactly the same deal with exercise, you have to mix it up regularly.. and mixing it up doesnt mean workin the treadmill for one week n the bike the next week, you need to mix up the kind of exercise as well. The best way to burn fat is to combine appropriate cardio with weight training. Most girls steer clear of weights because they dont want to get bulky but its actually highly effective in assisting the fat burning process.. Obviously you dont wanna lift heaps heavy weights for a massive period of time tho because then you will bulk up, which is not what you want! But if this is something you are leaving out at the gym then i would highly reccomend it because if youre doing martial arts and working out that much a week then incorporating the weights should kick your body into maximum fat burning mode!

The same applies to your diet. If you generally eat the same kinds of foods all the time then try incorporating some fruit and vegies that u dont usually eat, or if your fussy and only like a certain few that you eat now then try some vitamins that will make up for the vitamins your not getting from the fruit n veg u dont like. And if your an abslute health nut and dont ever indulge in the 'bad' foods then buy a chocolate bar, eat it and enjoy it because if you are stressing too much about these last few kilos then your body will react to that stress and this sort of thing can often slow down a persons weight loss. Just relax for a day and let your your body chill out then get up the next day and head straight back to the gym for your workout.

Hope some of this is useful to you.. Good luck! Youve still got a while til summer, im sure you can do it by then!
Louise(:

Return to Ask the Mob