It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Need advice on my weight loss plan

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Need advice on my weight loss plan

Postby bellagirl » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi everyone

I need some advise on my weight loss plan.

I am 176cm tall and currently weigh 92.5.
This last year i have put on 10kilos and before that usually sat around the 79 kilo mark.

I am going away to Europe in May 2011 and would like to weigh 70kilos.

This is my current plan and diet...

5.40am - morning exercise (20mins) - either a walk/jog or zumba
6.45am - ride 1.5km to work
7am - breaky 1 x scrambled egg on toast
10am - mandarin
12.30 - either beef or chicken vege homemade soup
2.30pm - Apple
4.30pm - 1.5km ride home
5pm - either 40min walk or 40 Zumba
7pm - Dinner - either chicken breast or steak with salad

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am very serious to loose this weight and would love any help you can all give me.

Thanks
bellagirl

Re: Need advice on my weight loss plan

Postby Shay » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Hello!

Sounds to me like you need to be doing some more eating! Especially with all the exercise. Basically the more you exercise, the more calories you're going to need to keep your metabolism going (within reason). Never go under 1200 calories. I'd also like to see more dairy in your diet, maybe add some yogurt?

Aim for 2 fruit and 5 vegie serves a day. From memory a mandarin (if its a small one) is half a serve. A serve of vegies is a cup of salad or half a cup of cooked vegies. Go to calorieking.com.au and it'll ask for your stats, my health goals and food and exercise diary. Best of luck :)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby bellagirl » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:42 am

Thankyou so much.
I will incorporate a yoguart into my diet also however i am slightly lactose intollerant so i try steer clear of milk products as they make me feel sluggish.
Thankyou very much :D
bellagirl

Postby stevo1 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:09 am

Hi,

Here's a couple of suggestions that may help what you're already doing:

- Before your morning cardio take a thermogenic.
- Wait at least 20 mins before having breakfast. Perhaps have a shower, get changed and then have your breakfast (if you aren't doing that already).
- I definitely agree with Shay, you need to eat more food. Starving yourself is not a long-term weight-loss approach. Yes, you want to reduce your food intake, but you don't want to become nutrient deficient, lack energy, feel hungry or lose muscle, so you must eat!
- 5 or 6 small meals.
- Protein with every meal. This includes your mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks/ meals.
- 2 fruit and 5 vegies- definitely!
- Have a little bit of carbs in your soup. Maybe some sweet potato or pumpkin.
- Have some nuts (8-12) with your piece of fruit.
- Maybe have a small tin of flavoured tuna or chicken as a snack.
- Take another thermogenic before your afternoon workout (but don't take it later than 4pm).
- Consider using a good quality multivitamin/ mineral supplement every day and 4-6 fish oil caps.
- Try doing a pump class or spending at least 2 x 20-30-minute sessions a week doing some weights in the gym. This will stop you from losing muscle as you lose weight.
- Maybe have a little bit of starchy carbs (from vegies). Don't cut your carbs at night (as some fitness people suggest!), especially if you're exercising in the afternoon. You need to replenish your glycogen stores in your muscles and liver; and prevent late-night cravings!. It will also help prevent some muscle loss. You don't need to have much- just a little.
- I'm not a big fan of dairy but you do need some more calcium in your diet, whether it be in the form of milk in your coffee or from the nuts and seeds you eat- it is up to you. However, if you are somewhat lactose intolerant I strongly suggest avoiding as much dairy as possible. Having it may cause an inflammatory response in your body, resulting in fluid retention and weight gain.

I hope you find some of these suggestions useful.

I wish you the greatest success with achieving your weight-loss goal.

Cheers,

Steve.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links removed. Please refer to forum rules.
stevo1

Postby greenstripes2039 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:50 pm

if that is what you plan to eat every day, i am sure you'll get bored very quickly.
The more interesting and varied your diet is, the easier it is to stick to it. I mean really who wants to eat the same thing everyday.

I look forward to each meal I have, and if i always have the same drab food... well i stop looking forward to it. and really, if you can't enjoy your food, whats the point?

I agree with more calcium-- broccoli is a very good source of calcium if you aren't into dairy!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBv5wlT/]
[/url]
greenstripes2039

Return to Ask the Mob