Here's a couple of suggestions that may help what you're already doing:
- Before your morning cardio take a thermogenic.
- Wait at least 20 mins before having breakfast. Perhaps have a shower, get changed and then have your breakfast (if you aren't doing that already).
- I definitely agree with Shay, you need to eat more food. Starving yourself is not a long-term weight-loss approach. Yes, you want to reduce your food intake, but you don't want to become nutrient deficient, lack energy, feel hungry or lose muscle, so you must eat!
- 5 or 6 small meals.
- Protein with every meal. This includes your mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks/ meals.
- 2 fruit and 5 vegies- definitely!
- Have a little bit of carbs in your soup. Maybe some sweet potato or pumpkin.
- Have some nuts (8-12) with your piece of fruit.
- Maybe have a small tin of flavoured tuna or chicken as a snack.
- Take another thermogenic before your afternoon workout (but don't take it later than 4pm).
- Consider using a good quality multivitamin/ mineral supplement every day and 4-6 fish oil caps.
- Try doing a pump class or spending at least 2 x 20-30-minute sessions a week doing some weights in the gym. This will stop you from losing muscle as you lose weight.
- Maybe have a little bit of starchy carbs (from vegies). Don't cut your carbs at night (as some fitness people suggest!), especially if you're exercising in the afternoon. You need to replenish your glycogen stores in your muscles and liver; and prevent late-night cravings!. It will also help prevent some muscle loss. You don't need to have much- just a little.
- I'm not a big fan of dairy but you do need some more calcium in your diet, whether it be in the form of milk in your coffee or from the nuts and seeds you eat- it is up to you. However, if you are somewhat lactose intolerant I strongly suggest avoiding as much dairy as possible. Having it may cause an inflammatory response in your body, resulting in fluid retention and weight gain.
I hope you find some of these suggestions useful.
I wish you the greatest success with achieving your weight-loss goal.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen
on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Links removed. Please refer to forum rules.