It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Can you recommend a detox? And rate mine?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Can you recommend a detox? And rate mine?

Postby Tyger » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:13 am

Hi guys,

In about 3 weeks, when I start my annual leave and a few days before I go on my holiday, I want to do some kind of detox. I don't want to do anything drastic like the lemon detox diet which just basically sounds like a metabolism-stuff-up in a box, to me.

I was thinking something more along the lines of a fruit, vegetable and water only detox. I would do it for maybe 2 days, and just have fresh fruit whole or juiced, fresh vegetables boiled, steamed, or cooked and blended into a soup, just to give me some different textures. And then lots of water with lemon. I figured this might be a nice way to help my body detoxify a bit, as well as drop another kilo before I go away where I will undoubtedly put it back on... but here's hoping.

If you guys can suggest a better detox, and details of it, then please let me know!

Tyger.
Tyger

Re: Can you recommend a detox? And rate mine?

Postby court » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 pm

I did an awesome one and lost 2.5kgs in a week. Look up Susie Burrel's book "Losing the last 5kgs"...
I got some friends on it too and they all lost around 3kgs!
court

Re: Can you recommend a detox? And rate mine?

Postby Phat-Beth » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:13 pm

Sounds interesting, I will have to look up that book. I'm also looking for a metabolism friendly detox. Losing the last 5 (ok, maybe more, lol) would be nice, and plus I would like to feel clean (feeling kind of gummy in the tummy, and it's screwing with my energy levels), but I don't want to slow my metabolic rate as it's something I've wroked *very* hard on...

Beth
[
Phat-Beth

Return to Ask the Mob