It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

Curing someone elses emotional problem

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Curing someone elses emotional problem

Postby dearne » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 am

My partner has just had a major set back this morning in his weight loss, well it will affect his weightloss but i dont want it to so i need some help.

See he brought a new car, which turns out the car yard gave him a false roadworthy and all the problems on the contract to fix were not fixed at all, so very bad for his stress. then today he gets in the car to drive to the train station, his old car had a tyre blowout, his new car kept stalling, so he has had to take his mums car because his cars do not work.

now i know it doesnt sound much but i know he will sit in front of his computer when he gets home and do nothing... he will either pig out or just not eat at all because that is what he does when he is emotional and stressed.

im worried about him, and i want to know how to get him up and doing things, both for his weight and his emotions, so does anyone have any advice? please im desperate...
Dearne
dearne

Re: Curing someone elses emotional problem

Postby brendan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 am

Hi Dearne

As far as the car is concerned you might want to try:

Contact

The Secretary
Motor Car Traders Claims Committee
GPO Box 322B
Melbourne VIC 3001

Tel: 1300 13 54 52
Interpreter services: 13 14 50
Fax: 03 8684 0600
Email: mctcc@justice.vic.gov.au

Give them a phone call first, and see where you stand, you might have a claim against the the trader. (I used to work for them about 30 years ago, so my knowledge is greatly out of date, but I know they are very fair, and if you have lots of documentation or independent witnesses you might have a chance. Regardless get him to give them a call)

As far as curing his emotional problems .... that is fraught with problems when a well meaning friend or relative tries to do it. I know from experience :D
I sent in my application to do a Diploma of Counselling yesterday, so unfortunately I won't be in a position to help for another 18 months or so :( Perhaps, he could see a counsellor, who will help him work his way through his emotional issues. Unfortunately, it is a bit like the old joke: How many therapists does it take to change a light bulb? One, but the light bulb has to want to change :lol:

Good Luck on both counts!
Bren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby dearne » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:20 pm

thanks brendan for that info, i think getting him to a counsellor might be surprisingly easy, considering he has wanted to see one for a while (relationship difficulties, long story!!)

with the car, we have contacted the vacc to arrange for mediation to get the problems fixed or a refund, as well as doing an racv inspection, and i think if we are not satisfied with all that, then we shall definately call them! i think its easiest to do one thing at a time
Dearne
dearne

Postby 2bhealthy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:57 pm

dearne wrote:
now i know it doesnt sound much but i know he will sit in front of his computer when he gets home and do nothing... he will either pig out or just not eat at all because that is what he does when he is emotional and stressed.

When he gets home, talk him into going for a "talk and walk" with you . . eliminates the stress, gets to talk to you as well, so gets it off his chest, plus burns some calories . . hopefully by the time he gets back he will be feeling better . .

Good Luck
Like an onion I am just going to keep peeling off the layers

2bhealthy

Postby Phat-Beth » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:47 pm

I think 2bhealthy has great advice. Hopefully your boy will take you up on the invitation though. My boy is the same way, an emotional eater... I've tried everything. I wouldn't even be concerned with his weight loss from a "me" perspective (I love him and think he looks great the way he is!), but he seems concerned about his weight and has often expressed desire to lose. Still, he does not go to the gym with me, and even when we go on walks or hiking together it is hard because we both work, sometimes opposite shifts. I will go without him, but for some reason he does not want to go without me!

Beth
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed from signature.
Phat-Beth

Return to Ask the Mob