It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Anyone with PCOS?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone with PCOS?

Postby Marsal321 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Just wondering if there is anyone on here who has PCOS (Poly cystic Ovarian Syndrome)

I was hoping someone had some advise on the best way to lose weight with PCOS?

i need to lose 50+ kilos in order for a fertility doctor to do anything for me to become pregnant.

Any advise?
Marsal321

Re: Anyone with PCOS?

Postby Nel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Hello,
I too suffer from PCOS and it is dreadful isn't it!
I am having the best results having cut out all processed sugar foods, biscuits cake etc, fruit juice, sauces etc etc and it has opened my eyes a lot. Fruit and milk ae still great to eat and stil get my rid of sugar from fruits and vegetables and have also gotten my taste back! I also drastically reduced the carbs in my diet that don't come from vegetables, I still eat sandwiches etc but not lots of cakes and biscuits etc it goes hand in hand with thsugar rung really.
The other thing that helped me a few years ago before I had my daughter (i was lucky in that it trigger my fertility enouh to conceive also) was diabex or metformin. I would really like the met again but haunt got around to hitting the docs yet!
Cutting out the sugar isn't easy, it' involves mood swings, bad sugar cravings etc in the first week or so but after that your body adjusts and you don't even miss it.
I really hope this can be helpful to you, PCOS really doesntmake it easy. I had a 20kg weight loss goal and I am about half way.
What advice has the doc given you? I know they can be rather dismal with helping :(
Good luck I hope to hear from you
Cheers,nel
Nel

Postby Akasha » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi

I am a PCOS sufferer as well, although have only just started on my weightloss journey for the 2nd time round. Always here if you need to vent or chat about it :)
Akasha

Postby byebyefat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:36 pm

i have this pcos, hmm weight sux but this is my first week, its day 4 i lost 3kg, i was 91.5 kg now im 88.4, i cut out all breads,cereal and most of my junk except i still eat like a chocolate a day. i have a can of red bull a day, and 2-3 bottles of 750 mls of water, i dont know what you think of pills, i really struggle not eating loads of sugar, i started taking fat blaster it seems to help suppress my appetite to feel fuller, and increase my energy however, be weary that at night it keeps you awake but ur body can be worn out...
i dont have a good food structure yet or exact exercise plan but hoping on here to find someone that will help me get a plan that works. and i am tryin to loose 40kg asap. its scary thinking about how to loose all the weight i think im a bit obsessive atm dunno if it will last. my goal is 2more kilos in the next 3 days
byebyefat

Postby sally2303 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi

I was diagnosed back in July last year with PCOS - my weight has fluctuated for years and currently I am nearly 99% certain I am infertile.

Its not so much that I want kids its just that I have had the natural option taken away from me that hurts.

I find cutting out the sugar and starchy carbs from my diet and I loose at a steady rate. It is definately achievable!

Good luck xox

Goal 1: Start - 27/09/2011
Goal 2: Under 80kg Reward: necklace
Goal 3: Under 75kg Reward: pair of heels
Goal 4: Under 70kg Reward: earrings
Goal 5: 65kg Reward: New bikini
Goal 6: Maintenance Reward: new wardrobe!
sally2303

Return to Ask the Mob