It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:08 am

Free Newsletter

getting started

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

getting started

Postby samdesmacvic » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi guys I wish I had the motivation to get started. I know I have to do something about my weight. It is packing on. Where did you guys start........Did you wake up one morning and say today is tthe day or did you start with walk and build it up or start with a shake of some sort.

thanks for the answers
samdesmacvic

Re: getting started

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 am

For me it was just that one day I realised that there would be less trouble losing and keeping off the weight than not doing anything about it. A healthy lifestyle can lower the risks of many diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, fatty liver, bowel cancer, etc.

The main thing I discovered is that it is pointless waiting for the right time or for inspiration. You just have to start it no mater how you feel, and persevere. Don't make excuses. Don't have one last fling . Don't start tomorrow - tomorrow never comes. Just start now.
CronicBadger

Postby samdesmacvic » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:49 pm

thanks cronic
samdesmacvic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:02 pm

When I went to have my wisdom teeth out and the anesthesiologist was worried I might die on the table because of the stress on my body of the extra weight. Then I saw a photo of myself in a "good" top and saw some reality.

At that point it wasn't about "getting skinny" any more which is what I'd always wanted and made lame failed attempts at. I changed my focus to wanting to be HEALTHY. Which meant I had to change the way I lived, not just go on a diet. Once that was habit the weight fell off.

Things got a bit out of balance recently so the lifestyle got a bit wobbly and a bit of the weight came back - trying to find that balance and health again now.

I hope you find your motivation :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:29 pm

I decided I had to do something when I was getting too big for my normal size 18s and was looking at size 20s and at the same time my son announced that he couldn't touch his hands together when he hugged me. :(

I gave myself a free week and then was into it. I basically treated it like giving up smoking and stopped all 'bad' foods and started exercising every day. I couldn't do much to start with but gradually built it up over time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby PTchrystle » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:22 pm

I started when I had to go shopping for some new jeans. When I tried them on I couldn't fit into 16's anymore... so I tried on the 18's and they just fit... they were tight!

I cried and went home, I was embarrased, even walking up 4 flights of stairs had me out of breath. I decided to lose weight then. I aimed for 10kgs and kept doing 10kgs until I lost 50kgs in total.

But I knew I couldn't keep up the life I had...

It's tough sometimes, and I had those terrible days where you get off track. So of course I had to get back on track again. So why not just start with changing some cheeky food, to good healthy food (or healthier) it can make all the difference. Or start with some exercise, do what you can - if your getting sweaty you are doing a good job.

:)
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed. It is against forum rules to use your signature to advertise products or services.
PTchrystle

Postby cathmacca » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 am

Hi,
My decision was made when I was on holiday in Bali and we were shopping in the markets and three people in a row immediately said that they went to a XL in tops.I was embarrassed into really looking at myself and I didnt like what I saw in the mirror.I have lost 10.5kgs so far and feel better and tried on some old jeans on the weekend and for the first time in a long time liked what I saw.
Good luck with getting started, its so worth it
Cath
cathmacca

Postby kylakeeper » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:02 pm

What I did before. I have this planner and I put some schedule of exercise. It is effective because you can manage your time and won't forget to exercise.
kylakeeper

Return to Ask the Mob