It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:14 pm

Free Newsletter

The Rapid Burn/Loss Shakes

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rapid Burn/Loss Shakes

Postby BubbleButt » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:27 am

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried these shakes at all? I have a friend of mine who is currently on it and has had amazing results, but she's only one person and I would like to hear other peoples opinions on it.

I need something to kick start my weight loss once more. She has found since starting the Rapid Loss program that she's been able to adjust her eating habits and after a few months is halfway to her goal of losing 30kgs. She said she never feels hungry anymore and is enjoying food again. She looks fantastic.

Thanks,

Bubbles :)
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Re: The Rapid Burn/Loss Shakes

Postby Slimming to multiply » Wed May 18, 2011 9:48 am

Hi, I know you wrote this a while ago now, but since I know of a few people that have done the shakes with major success I thought I would share.
I know 3 ladies who have been on them for a couple months now and they have all lost just under 20kgs each! They said the shake makes them feel so full that they don't need to eat much more which allows them to make better choices. I have considered doing it myself but I just haven't got around to buying the stuff yet...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjJakJc/]

First mini goal is to reach 110kgs - achieved November 2011
Second mini Goal is to reach 105kgs -
Slimming to multiply

Postby embella » Mon May 23, 2011 7:15 pm

I have just bought one and started it today. It is one by swisse brand called Dr John Tickells trimshot. I had one shake today and it made me feel so full and I feel like I have no cravings for the usual chocolate and fatty food i usually eat!
embella

Postby manda » Thu May 26, 2011 10:56 pm

From what I gather, these shakes make you feel full so that you eat less, right? I've always wondered what happens after you lose the weight and stop drinking the shakes. By going back to a regular diet, would one regain weight?
manda

Postby äirly » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 pm

To answer your question Mandy, a lot (I would say majority) of people put the weight back on. Then again, I think they say that about all diets, so take that as you will. I know a few people who've gone on shakes. Of them, four of us (including me!) did it for a few weeks to a month and lost interest. Its hard to stick to (pretty low cal) and personally I got bored with the lack of options.

Of the remaining three, one put it all back on and them some, one put some of it back on and one sucessfully maintained.

This is all ancedotal of course, but I think you'll find it an ok representation of the overall demographic.

For what its worth, my friend whos maintained it lost about 40kgs all up (I never asked ehr starting weight, but shes 60kgs and she did say once that she was triple digits) and she was on and off the shakes during her weightloss period. She also got really into (and has kept up) a gym membership.

Personally I think shakes aren't all they're cracked up to be, but given the right person and circumstances, they can give a person a nice boost. I would only stay on them for a short time - like I said, they're pretty low calorie. Also, not something I've checked in to myself so take with a grain of salt, but I've heard the Aldi shakes are exactly the same as Tony Ferguson and they are a dollar cheaper each. On the flip side they have even less selection.
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Chilliam » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:46 am

Hey there!

I am currently on the Rapid Loss shakes as well as the Rapid Burn tablets, however, its only been for a week. So far I have noticed a difference in appetite but its the opposite of what I thought would happen. I am ALWAYS hungry. Not even an hour after I drink my shake I am hungry. It might be that the tablets are working because they are supposed to boost your metabolism and assist in fat loss (i use the toilet more often than usual now so i guess the fat loss part might be working).
But having said that when I do get the oppurtunity to eat I only need to eat a little to feel satisfied. I feel like the shakes work well but only if it is used to complement a healthy lifestyle.
I use to eat 3 big meals a day now I eat 6 (three shakes and 3 "real" meals")
If this thread is still active I'll let you know how I do after a month.

In terms of physical activity/exercise I do Bjj and Muaythai 4-5 days a week 2 hours a day.

I can speak for the Rapid Burn Metabolism booster though. Since taking them I feel a significant boost in energy.
Chilliam

Postby äirly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Chilliam I think you'll find that your eating a LOT less calories. Its natural that you're body is sending out hunger signals!

Can I ask what Bjj and Muaythai stand for?
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby babylove » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:10 am

Brazilian jujuitsu and kickboxing.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3