It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Stuck on 65 kg despite exersising a lot

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Stuck on 65 kg despite exersising a lot

Postby Ceciel » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:11 am

Hi my name is Ceciel (39) and have trouble to get to my goal weight of 60. I started running about 8 months ago and weights at the beginning of the year, but I can't seem to lose the weight. The scale did go down very slowely being very strickt with my diet after calorie counting and having 1500 calories a day, but even after 1 day of eating a lot my scale jumps up again and it takes me days to get back to were I was. I was always 62 kilo's and trained less then I do now and could eat as much as I wanted (what was great as I'm a chef). I do know that weight training makes you gain muscle what weighs more then fat. But after calorie counting and training a lot I thought I knew what to do to stay the same weight and I started eating normal again. Then yesterday I stood on the scale and it was 65, I haven't been that weight in 5 years when I was pregnant with my son. So I exersesed myself silly yesterday and eat very healthy, no meat and under my calorie intake and still this morning it was 65 kg. i'm so p**sed of with my scale now and would like some good advise.
I don't have carbs at dinner and we hardly ever eat after 7, I don't have a sweet tooth, we eat very healthy and I have salads every day. My weak spot is my wine, but I only try to have that on the weekend and I do eat less healthy then too as I feel those are my 2 days off , of health and fitness during the week.
Hope you can give me some good tips.
Thanks heaps.
Ceciel
Ceciel

Re: Stuck on 65 kg despite exersising a lot

Postby Frank » Sun May 01, 2011 6:55 am

Hi Ceciel,
I first went on diet 3 months ago; I was 92kg and ate the worst unhealthy food you can think of with no exercise at all. Finally I woke up to myself and started doing boxing 6 days a week and eating very little. I managed to bring my weight down to 86kg but I didn’t just get stuck there (like you) I started getting weaker and my form started dropping down. After seeing a nutritionist I was told that I actually sent my body into starvation mode (too much workout with little food) and in order to survive my brain told my body to get rid of muscles and start storing fat. In order to keep losing weight I had to start eating more and actually Exercise less, it sounds funny but it actually worked for me. Now I eat more, Exercise 3 to 4 times a week and i managed to bring my weight down to 81kg and hopefully keep going.

I hope you find my experience useful and good luck.
Frank

Postby Metalcharm » Sun May 01, 2011 9:31 am

As we get closer to the goal it does become harder and there are people out there that suggest you should not so much worry about the actual weight but change to body fat percentage. If you are losing fat but gaining muscle and toning up from your exercise then the results won't show on the scales but will show up in the %. Are your clothes feeling any better?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby cailea » Mon May 02, 2011 3:40 pm

You mention " i used to be 60kg" and could eat whatever you wanted.

I am guessing this was a while ago. The reality may be that at this time in your life you are not meant to be 60kg again. As we go through life our metabolism changes, our weight distribution and ultimately our "ideal weight". I presume this is why the BMI for a particular height is very wide ranging.

Perhaps setting a different goal (as metal suggests) and thinking about being happy, healthy and reducing body fat is a better aim than fighting it out with the scales ;)

Kind Regards,
cailea
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNmRWop/]
[/url]
cailea

Postby Ceciel » Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Thanks Cailea, I think your right and should get the number 60 out of my head. I do turn 40 in a couple of monts so quess have to accept to be how I am now. I do excersise everyday, eat very healthy and still fit in my clothes and being 172 cm I shouldn't complain.
Thanks for your advise.
Ceciel

cailea wrote:You mention " i used to be 60kg" and could eat whatever you wanted

I am guessing this was a while ago. The reality may be that at this time in your life you are not meant to be 60kg again. As we go through life our metabolism changes, our weight distribution and ultimately our "ideal weight". I presume this is why the BMI for a particular height is very wide ranging.

Perhaps setting a different goal (as metal suggests) and thinking about being happy, healthy and reducing body fat is a better aim than fighting it out with the scales ;)

Kind Regards,
cailea
Ceciel

Return to Ask the Mob