It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:35 am

Free Newsletter

Duromine Skin Irritations

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Duromine Skin Irritations

Postby jade1394 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 am

I'm a 17 year old girl that weights 71kg. I went to the doctor the other week and he proscribe me with 2 months worth of the Duromine 40mg. I've been on it for almost 2 weeks and i've lost 5kg already! I never exercise or eat what i'm meant to, and nothings changed since i've been on the Duromine.
I've read people say how they still get hungry, but i defiantly don't, and even though i'm not hungry i make myself eat something small each day. Also, with the tiredness, i don't sleep often at all, i get 5 hours a night if im lucky. But these past few nights, i haven't slept at all.. so i've been awake from aprox. 55hrs straight (but i was like this before i was on Duromine, i think i may have Insomnia or a sleeping problem of some type + its 3am now haha) and i haven't had that kick of energy either that people talk about :S
But my body has defiantly had bad luck these past 2 weeks. I've been experiencing lots of pimples (i very rarely get pimples). My lip got infected and swelled up and left 3 huge, painful unknown lumps. All of the cuticles on my fingernails have split open and bleed regularly and are very painful. My big toe is still infected and all over my arms and some of my legs there are tiny scabs. Is this all normal and part of Duromines symptoms?
Other then that, Duromine has been working wonderfully for me.

Starting Weight: 71kg
2 Weeks in: 66kg
:D
jade1394

Re: Duromine Skin Irritations

Postby KittyCat88 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Hello Jade1394.

I am very suprised that you were able to fill a script for Duromine, as a minor your meant to have parental consent not just to have the doctor give you the script but to have it filled as well.
But to your question at hand I strongly believe you need to go back to your doctor to talk about the side effects. I am currently on Duromine as well and I have been on it in the past and I have never experienced the side effects that you have mentioned. With the pimples that could be a number of things, most likely puberty. I know you say that you dont usually get them but it doesnt mean that it cant just happen for any reason. But the scabs and and lumps on your lip you really should have checked out, it could be nothing but it is always better to be safe then sorry. The problem with your finger nails sounds like something I suffer from quite regularly and mine is caused because I am severely anemic.

I hope that I have been able to help even just a little, but you really do need to see a medical professional so you can get a diagnosis.

Best of luck :)
KittyCat88

Re: Duromine Skin Irritations

Postby äirly » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:49 pm

How did things go Jade? Did you end up going back to the doctors?
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Return to Ask the Mob