It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Is too much exercise and eating low calories good.

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Is too much exercise and eating low calories good.

Postby kazzaa » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:22 am

Hi
I have also posted this question in another section without realizing I should of posted here. The last week I have really increased my arobic exercise for example I exercise at the gym everyday and for two days running I did 4 hours exercise during the day, but I also cut down my calories heaps I wanted to lose a few kg this week so 2 days before my weigh in I dropped my calories to about 400 a day and was exercising heaps and when I got weighed I had only lost 800g I was totally devastated, have I done the wrong thing. I know I can't continue like that but I thought it would give me a bit of a kick start anyway it didn't so what happened.

Many Thanks
Kazzaa
Nothing tastes as good as slim feels
kazzaa

Re: Is too much exercise and eating low calories good.

Postby Metalcharm » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:57 pm

You have shocked your system into starvation mode. It thinks there is something wrong so it's going to protect itself and hang onto the fat and possibly any weight you have lost could be muscle. The more muscle you have the the more fat you burn so you want to hang onto that.
Not only can you not continue like that but as soon as you boost your eating again the weight will come back on.

If you want to lose weight for good then you need to eat 4-6 small meals a day and the calorie intake should be no lower than about 1200 a day (this depends on lots of factors - google a calore intake calculator for a number that counts for you - I like to use fat2fitradio.com ). Going the way you're going is only setting yourself up for a fall. Do it right and the effects will last a lifetime not just for a couple weeks.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby kazzaa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 pm

Thank you Metalcharm

I was beginning to think how ridiculous I was in doing that. Over the last 2 years I have lost 57kg just by doing it slowly and counting calories. I haven't exercised as I had bad knees six months ago I had 2 total knee replacements so that is why I am now makig up for the exercise. I gave up smoking just before my surgery and of course have found that I have put on 15kg so that is why I am know trying trastic measures to get it off but it is not working obviously. I will get back on track by doing what you have suggested and hope I have a better week next week. Thanks once again you have been very helpful.

Cheers
Kazzaa
Nothing tastes as good as slim feels
kazzaa

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Over the last 2 years I have lost 57kg just by doing it slowly and counting calories.

Wow! That's brilliant . .congrats. Go with what you know then!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby ann82 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi Kazaa,

I see your doing good on your aim to decrease your weight, while I was just having the same problem few years ago, its not really easy to cut down your food intake, everything will mess up with how active and healthy we are, buthaving great food substitute will surely be acceptable, try shifting your choice of food fruits, veges will always be very effective, and plus a healthier mind and body for sure.. :)

Ann
Lose weight and be fit
ann82

Postby Grapefruit » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:06 pm

It's no surprise you didn't have a massive loss as 400cals a day is absolutely nothing and then you add exercise on top of that, your poor body was probably wondering what the hell was going on! I know it is so tempting to want to lose it all so quick, but remember that maintainence is one of the hardest parts. You have done so well so far and you should be so very proud of yourself.

When we ask our bodies to exercise, we need to give it the proper energy it needs to be able to do the things we're asking. It's just like expecting your car will get you from A to B with no fuel in it, you will do damage and it will come to a point where it's just not physically possible.

Love your body for all that it has done and continues to do for you and treat it as it deserves - with nourishing food to get it through the day :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbbRGId/]
[/url]
Grapefruit

Return to Ask the Mob