It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:34 am

Free Newsletter

What shoes to you use or recommend? HELP!

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

What shoes to you use or recommend? HELP!

Postby FatFreeMum2B » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey everyone,
I've placed this question in two different categories on this forum as I'd really appreciate some help!
I have bough two different kinds of shoes and both have given me HUGE blisters on my feet (on to the point where it a huge bubble on my toe and looks disgusting!)
I have bought a cheap pair from k-mart and I thought thats why so I went out and bought a pair of Lynx thinking they were a better brand but obviously not :(

So here is my question!
Just wanting to know what shoes you use for the gym/walking or running everyday, where and how much they cost and have you had any troubles with them?
I go to the gym 5 days a week and also throw in a few run/walks during the week and weekend.
I live in Brisbane Australia if that makes any difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Exercising for 49 Kilo's
Next Goal - 52 Kilo's
FatFreeMum2B

Re: What shoes to you use or recommend? HELP!

Postby yogibbear » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 am

Running/Jogging:

Asics or Mizuno or nada. Go to a proper running shoe store and get them fitted e.g. Athlete's Foot (there's different TYPES! Shock! Horror! - I know just to make it confusing). So don't just pick whatever someone else recommends as that's completely pointless. E.g. each brand has 5-6 different running shoes for all the different types of feet/running issues people have and different running surfaces.

For me (DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU UNTIL YOU GET FITTED PROPERLY)
I have tried Mizuno Wave Nirvana's and Mizuno Wave Inspire's. Prefer the Nirvana's due to the added toe support.

Some tips:
-when you run your feet swell so you need extra space compared to usual shoe shopping
-get proper running socks (Coolmax or whatever) to avoid blisters. Just pony up for the cost as you'll be able to run more often and more comfortably.

Cross-training: (e.g. for everything else)

I wear asics. But basically any shoe brand is pretty good here. K-swiss, Asics prob the top of the market.
yogibbear

Return to Ask the Mob