It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Eating healthy with duromine??

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Eating healthy with duromine??

Postby Kell10 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 am

Hi,
I was just hoping to get some advice as I have started on duromine yesterday
Everything is going fine so far I had alot of energy yesterday morning then felt really weak
By time the afternoon arrived but I then noticed that was because I have had nothing to eat once I ate I was fine again. And today I feel normal.
All of my cravings have gone I don't even feel hungry at all I have to force myself
To eat, I normally don't have either breakfast or lunch but I seem to fell better eating
Both while on these tablets,
I used to love my chocolate but not anymore, and I used to have coke eveyday
It's like some people need coffee well I needed coke and I have not felt like coke since starting and I fell so much better already and it's only been 2 days,
Anyway what I wanted to know is if anyone has any opinions as to what healthy
Foods I could eat as I am and always have been fussy and I can not stand veggies
Or salad, I even try to make mysel eat them but then I just vomit it up, (sorry be gross) lol and they seem to be the most healthy things you can eat on a diet and
Doesn't leave me with much of healthy foods!! so If anyone has any suggestions that
Would be great!!!
THANK YOU
Kell10

Re: Eating healthy with duromine??

Postby amberawesome » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:55 am

Hey Kell10,

I just finished my month's course of Duromine, I'm 12kgs (only needed to lost 7kgs) lighter and currently studying to become a personal trainer now. It seriously changed my life :D I had my last pill yesterday.

I know you're not hungry but I must stress this.... PLEASE EAT BREAKFAST!!! Even if you eat a small bowl of cereal (not Coco Pops though haha).

I too had to force myself to eat, but this is what I did (with a little self-discipline too)....

Brekky - Small bowl of All Bran (cos I actually like the taste of it) or 2 Weet Bix with a dash of honey and lite milk.

Morning tea - a piece of fruit. Either a banana, apple, mandarin, pear or grapes. Whatever I bought when I did groceries.

Lunch - I'd usually cook extra at dinner the night before, so I'd have a piece of meat with veges or salad(I know you don't like veges, but I'll get to that later!) or a sandwich with ham, chicken and cheese (yes, cheese) and usually lettuce and tomato.

Afternoon - I'd snack on a handful of unsalted cashews or macadamias or even a no added sugar, low fat yoghurt.

Dinner - Meat and veges or an awesome stir fry with rice or noodles or a healthy pasta or even cous cous (it's freakin yum!).

ALL my portion sizes were and still are tiny because you obviously can't eat much. And because of that my tummy shrunk, hence the small portions even now.

The Duromine gave me that much energy that I ended up doing 30 mins of cardio in the morning and then after work I'd go to the gym and do my workout routine (from my personal trainer that I only had to see once and it was free with my membership) and was there for another 1.30 hrs. Now I go everyday to the gym for nearly 2 hours, that's because within the last month I have become ridiculously fit and I LOVE working out.

Veges, veges, veges! They don't have to make you want to vomit you know.

I take it you like potato and maybe pumpkin? Everyone who hates veges still likes those! I still have potato mash with my dinner, but instead of butter i use an egg. Just crack it in once you've mashed it with milk, salt and pepper and it gives it a fluffy texture.

Beans and asparagus taste very similar and are delicious when steamed and then thrown into a small pot of frypan. Add a little garlic, parsley, salt and a dash of olive oil. Freakin amazing!

Carrots - boil or steam them, if boiled remove 98% of the water (or add a dash of water if steamed), add a little honey and some sesame seeds. YUM!

Broccoli and cauliflower - You can add any of these to make them edible for you - garlic, steak seasoning, chicken salt (oh yeah, its good on these veges). Basically anything that you can find in your pantry that adds flavour.

Don't deprive yourself of gravy either, you still can have a little on your veges to make you eat them!

And another tip, drink at least 2L of water. It is so easy when on Duromine because you're constantly thirsty!

The effect of the pills will subside over the next 2 weeks for you, but by then you WILL be disciplined enough to keep eating healthy! Trust me!

Good luck but remember, eat breakfast, try and exercise for at least 30 mins a day (give yourself a day of rest), drink water and don't skip meals.

:D
amberawesome

Postby Kell10 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 am

Hi
Thank you for all the greats tips I will defently try the gravy on the veggies I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner lol, I absolutely love mashed potato I got told that is was really bad for you when trying to lose weight but I'm guessing as long as it's a small portion it wouldn't be a problem,
Which is great as that gives me another thing to eat lol.
I do exercise everyday not just because I have but believe it or not I quite enjoy it aswell well I try and do as much as possible as I am a single mum and my 4 year old keeps me very busy during he day but I always do 20-30 minutes around lunch time and same around 830 and every other chance I get I do it, I am more determined to help myself this time as I have help with these tablets now, as doing it myself just was not working for me.
I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday now even though I'm not hungry, when I wasn't dieting I hardly ate during the day manely dinner and sometimes lunch but never breakfast, and I just can not believe I feel so much healthy and better in myself already eating 3 times a day I know these tablets are helping),and it's only been 3 day it's amazing!!! and also have some no fat yoghurt or fruit in between..... I drink alot of water now which is a big difference from drinking no water at all to drinking nothing but it!!
You have done really well 12kilos in a month WOW. I hope I can do as well as you I am determined to stick to it this time..
But anyway thank you for all the great tips I will decently give them a try and see how I go!!!
Kell10

Postby amberawesome » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:13 pm

You're most welcome :)

With the gravy, try and only put about a tablespoon over the lot or the ones you don't like. Just don't go too overboard. And I use Green's Roast Meat Gravy Granules or even the chicken one. It has a nice taste and it mixes so easily. And the mash.... make sure that you have less mash on your plate than the 'good' veges. Butter is pretty much the killer, but like me, substitute. Another way to have your potatoes if you simply can't live without them (I can't), buy those little chat potatoes. I boil them with the skin on in lightly salted water.

I forgot to add, make sure you're getting a sufficient amount of protein and fibre (All Bran helps me!). I'm a freak and I like to eat a can of tuna in springwater just before I workout. It's yum and it's protein. But, you could always have it on a low fat wrap or mountain bread. Here's some options for extra protein; unsalted cashews, tuna, boiled egg, i buy these little 30g Aussie Bodies Protein FX Lo Carb bars from Woolies every now and then, I get the cookies and cream flavour, it has 2g of carbs, 29.8g of protein (massive for a small bar!). 99 cals, 2.9g of fat and no sugar. They are AWESOME and about $3. Expensive, but it's a treat. If you're really willing, get a protein powder. For yourself, Horley's Sculpt $25. Mix with water or low fat milk, have it as a meal if you need to (but not often!), it's about 80% protein, extremely low fat, barely any carbs and tastes RAD. Supplement stores, some pharmacies and health food stores tend to stock it as it's pretty popular. And the best thing about protein, you can pretty much have it anytime of the day if it's low in fat, carbs and sugar!

Sorry, I am going to shut it now because I could go on forever! It's the Duromine that's given me this enthusiasm even though they wore off after 2 weeks with me!

GOOD LUCK!!! :D
amberawesome

Postby Kell10 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:35 pm

No really don't stop lol, I could really use all the advice I can get I have looked it up on the net but one site says one thing and another one say somethIng completely different and it if it working for you you must be doing it right in my opinion..
you have been more helpful than the 10 people I've asked put together lol so I really appreciate it....
I will defently give your suggestions ago and see how I do, I will let you know how I go next Tuesday as this will be my first week weigh in!!
Thank you very much I really appreciate it
Kell10

Postby amberawesome » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 pm

Haha, anytime :)

We're all different, but I have a hard time losing weight and what I am doing is working unbelievably well so I'm gonna stick with it!

I pretty much check this site everyday, so if you need anything else just PM me.
amberawesome

Postby Teeny » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm just new to this forum and have been researching a lot about Duromine. I've tried so many different types of diets and just cannot seem to lose the weight. It is really affecting my self-confidence, i no longer want to go out with friends and im not confident enough to do a heap of things that i actually would love to do. I feel like i'm not living my life as i should be at 26. I've struggled with my weight for the past 10 years, and am currently 160cm and 106kgs. I know this is quite obese, which is why i went to my doctor to ask if i could try duromine to see it it will work for me. It took a lot of courage to finally head in and ask for help, and my doctor flat out refused, just telling me to eat well and exercise, and that she would never prescribe weightloss pill to anyone. That really upset me as that is exactly what i have been doing and it just doesn't seem to work for me. I just want to use duromine to kick-start my journey, in conjunction with continued exercise and healthy eating.

Does anybody know of a doctor/clinic in Adelaide (northern suburbs) that is open to prescribing duromine, without making you feel ashamed and like your doing the wrong thing? I feel like i meet all the requirements and just want to give it a go.

If you anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it.
Teeny

Postby Kell10 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi
I live in Tasmania so I'm sorry I don't know of any doctors that could help you out,
but I know exactly how u feel I am the same I am very ashamed of my body and also don't do anything like I used to, I gained my weight after having my daughter 5 yrs ago and have tried everything to lose it ever since some worked for a small amount of time and alot didn't!!
Until a friend told me about duromine so I went to my doctor all though I was embarrassed too but I felt like it was my only chance of getting the help I needed,
And he gave me the 30 mg with no problems he said if you have good blood pressure and checks your heart beat, and of course over weight there would be no problem in taking them
So if i was you i would go elsewhere and get a second opinion if they happen to say no dont let it go ask why!!!! Because I am 162 cm tall and weigh 81kg, if I am able to get them I don't know why they would reject you,,
Yes there maybe some side effects but if u are still willing to take them they could give u a go,
The only side affects I had was the first day really energetic then really tired towards the night, and the second day I had a head ache that lasted for an hour, so I can not complain I think they are wonderful and have not regreted getin them so far even though it has only been 5 days I can certainly notice and feel the diffence already!!!

Anyway I really hope u can get help in getting these and they work wonders for you :)
Kell10

Return to Ask the Mob