It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:37 am

Free Newsletter

Calorie counting

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Calorie counting

Postby Prinella » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:18 am

Hi,

I found recently that after my uni exams I stacked on about 15kg, eating junk and not moving will do that.

Was looking for ways to lose weight and came across the myfitnesspal app. It seemed like a really easy way to count calories.

Except I then realized I have no idea what to aim for. I train horses and riders part time so one day I'll be a sloth at home the next running around like mad all day.

The app has me on 1200 cal a day I'm not sure if that's min max or aim for. I've tried so far just not changing much. And in the first 7 days lost .8kg

I'm about 5'2 but weigh in at 69 I was on about 55. I never have or will be stick thin but id like to fit back in my pretty clothes. I can't afford new ones!!!!!

So how low can I go without hitting starvation mode. I got to about 900 today with excercsise taken out is that too low?

I apologise for any typos struggling to read my phone at the moment
Prinella

Re: Calorie counting

Postby Czarina » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:21 am

I recommend www.calorieking.com.au, you can set up a profile and it will give you a healthy amount of calories to consume to lose weight. It helped me use nearly 50kg.

Unfortunately, I can completely relate to the uni kilos! I stopped using CK and let my eating go completely out the window, and with only study on my mind, I managed to regain around 30kg this year :(

Calorie King is seriously amazing and it's free! :D
Czarina

Re: Calorie counting

Postby Czarina » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:23 am

*lose nearly 50kg
Czarina

Return to Ask the Mob