It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:10 am

Free Newsletter

Is it usual to feel down, after a 3 weeks or so of new regim

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Is it usual to feel down, after a 3 weeks or so of new regim

Postby Jody d » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:08 pm

I started with eating healthy and I have been walking in the pool , ias I have a back injury, I am having success in weight loss. I am taking vit B C D and fish oil and glucocimine. I am feeling low and have. not had as much energy as I did when I first started, I am 11 weeks post operative for a hysterectomy and I have been pushing myself pretty hard in the pool. Any sugestions, I am eating whole foods a d plenty of fresh salad and fruit.
Jody d

Re: Is it usual to feel down, after a 3 weeks or so of new r

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi Jody

Initially your body won't like getting less food than it thinks it requires and it will send out various signals to prevent satiety - such as feelings of lethargy, tiredness and hunger.

Ensure you're eating more than the minimum food energy required (about 5200Kj for the average female). Maybe change the make up of te types of food you're eating - mix it up a bit.

You may also be still recovering from the operation. Have you asked your doctor about it?
CronicBadger

Postby Jody d » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks for the reply, it has helped, I just thought with eating well and doing the exercise which helps promote the endorphines, I would be feeling great, but I do suffer from clinical depression which is pretty well controled at the moment! And post op I have had a coupleofmajor infections, so I guess maybe trying to do too much at the moment!
Jody d

Postby Jody d » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi just a. update, I am into my 4th week and I am feeling more positve and workingmharder and longer in the pool, plus meeting a lot of lovely pool walkers who all have their own story, so hopefully I wont be feeling down again for awhile!!
Jody d

Return to Ask the Mob