It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:39 pm

Free Newsletter

Help?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Help?

Postby Bethwolfson » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi,

I'm 17, 167 cm tall and weigh about 68kgs. My dad just recently noticed I've gained some weight and lost a lot of toning due to me starting a new medication. Pretty much he's furious with me over it and wants me to lose this weight plus additional weight before I leave for an overseas trip in 23 days.

I was wondering if any of you knew some safe and effective ways to lose 11kgs fast. I've just signed up for weekly 1 hour zumba classes and am restricting myself to just fruit and vegies at lunch, with a multigrain cereal for breakfast.

I really appreciate the feedback,

Thank you. :)
Bethwolfson

Re: Help?

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi Bethwolfson

You're not going to lose 11Kg of fat in 23 days. At best, perhaps a quarter of that, but even that is extreme. Most weight loss resulting from a regime to lose it rapidly is artificial (muscle bulk, dehydration and less food in the intestines) and will bounce back with a vengeance before too long.

You'll probably get better visual results from toning rather than weightloss. However, for accurate information you would best talk to your doctor. And don't try "miracle" weightloss solutions from the Internet, they're at best unrealistic, at worst dangerous.
CronicBadger

Return to Ask the Mob