It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Ways to help hip and tummy fat?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Ways to help hip and tummy fat?

Postby Miss D » Tue May 28, 2013 11:09 am

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some ideas to help to tummy and hip fat? Also is there any exercises that can help reduce tummy droopiness (i think that is what its called) while losing weight?

Thank you.
starting weight 119.8 kgs

current weight 113kgs

goal weight 70-75kgs
Miss D

Re: Ways to help hip and tummy fat?

Postby Blitz » Tue May 28, 2013 3:56 pm

It is a common misconception that you can direct were you want the fat to come off your body by specific exercises. The truth is your body will lose the weight from where it wants to. Generally speaking, where you gained first...that is where you will lose it last. So don't worry about it and work the whole body. Under that flabby tummy those abs of steel are developing ready to be revealed in due time! 8)

Do you mean by tummy droopiness, loose skin? That is depends on several things. Genetics, how long the skin has been stretched and age. Pray that you have the right parents, curse those kids for doing that to your tummy and lie about your age (that last one will not help one iota...but it will make you feel better about yourself)! :lol: The only thing you can do to help is lose the weight slowly (giving the skin a chance to recover) and apply a good moisturiser.

I myself have loads of loose skin. I see it as an earnt badge of honour and a reminder to never go there again. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Miss D » Wed May 29, 2013 3:09 pm

Thank you for the reply blitz. I didn't know that. I have no clue where I gained the weight first lol. I will deff buy some moisturiser when I do shop next. Yeah I guess I am meaning that. I think some people call it over hang sometimes too.
starting weight 119.8 kgs

current weight 113kgs

goal weight 70-75kgs
Miss D

Postby Blitz » Wed May 29, 2013 4:05 pm

Hanged by your hang over! :lol:

Loose skin...the unexplored country. I'm still trying to find out the answer to the question, "how much does loose skin weigh?"...all the height/weight charts are for normal people but loose skin has weight but it isn't fat. After I lost my weight I had an hernia operation where the surgeon also ripped off 2 or 3 kilos of loose skin from me. There's still plenty more left...that's a lot of weight that isn't being reckoned. :shock:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Ask the Mob