It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:18 am

Free Newsletter

how do i lose weight??

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

how do i lose weight??

Postby fitgirl » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:51 am

5ft5 165cm. 63kg. Female. Want to lose 10kg. I exercise regularly combining weights and cardio. But what do i eat?? Im fine with a strict diet if you give me one as im 100% determined. Can anyone help. Maybe a sample day menu?? Thanks
fitgirl

Re: how do i lose weight??

Postby Blitz » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:44 pm

The problem with strict diets as such is that in the end they don't work. Strict diets tend to put food into two camps. "Good food" (whatever that diet guru believes that to be) which you have to eat and "bad food" which is evil and will destroy you and is strictly forbid. :shock: This means that you will be eating certain foods until it is coming out of your ears. Meanwhile the forbidden foods are trying to lure you away with their siren calls! Sooner or later you are going to fall off this wagon. These diets are unsustainable in the real world in which we live.

Also with these diets comes imbalance. They major on one aspect of the food groups, so that eating a balanced healthy diet goes by the bye! We all know that if we don't eat enough fresh fruit that we will get scurvy but it is also true that if we don't eat other things (yes; even those evil things like carbs, proteins, fats and the like) our body will equally suffer! Everything has its place in the scheme of things in your body. It is often more of a question about how much we eat rather than what we eat.

Another problem is with these strict diets is the mentality that goes with them. You start them - you do them (endure them) - and then you finish them...only to go back to your old ways! This is not a permanent solution.

That is why I advocate healthy lifestyle change. What you eat daily must work in the context of your life. It is no good being on a diet that makes you eat yoghurt when you can't stand the stuff. Likewise, if you love chocolate and you are never ever allowed any chocolate...how long do you think that will last? :roll: You have got to find those healthy lifestyle choices that work for you. It requires taking responsibility for your life and making real changes that you can live with. It is not a cookie cutter approach to the problem - and it is harder but once you take ownership of your lifestyle it will bring permanent success. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby admin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:02 pm

Welcome....we have some diet plans on the site developed a few years ago....these are a guide to see what you can eat. As everyone is different your cal intake will all be different. As a guide an avg female who doesnt need to lose weight should have approx 8700 KJ per day or 2000 cals.depending on your current weight and exercisenthis should all be adjusted but the important thing is to start eating healthy and exercise. Input vs out put.
Good luck.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Sarah91 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:47 am

How to lose weight entails determination, discipline and focus, in other words your motive and attitude towards this goal. This is my personal opinion and I know that you will agree. I was overweight then with 15 pounds and I began to palpitate and my blood pressure shoot up. With this regard I need to have resolution to lose weight which is the main factor of these unhealthy symptoms. I began to take 30 minute-hip hop abs fat burning cardio, I eat more fruits and vegetable, low carbs and fats and drink more fluids especially water. But I also treat myself to eat my favorite chocolates and ice cream once a week and double my time in hip hop abs. I lose the 15 pounds in one month. I maintain these regular healthy habits, no stopping. lol
Sarah91

Return to Ask the Mob