It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Free Newsletter

vomiting on low calorie diets?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

vomiting on low calorie diets?

Postby tryingtoloose10 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:09 pm

I was wondering if anyone has experienced any vomiting on low calorie diets?

Re: vomiting on low calorie diets?

Postby DD Diva » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Only if I tried to eat things like offal (ie. liver or kidneys) eewwwww!!

No seriously, I've been on a program where one day you are on a VERY low (and I mean, less than 500 calories) days and then VERY high (2000 calories) the next without any drama.

If you are vomiting it is most likely one of two things:

1. You're eating something that doesn't agree with you
2. You're blood sugar has dropped too low (probably from consumption of too few calories) this condition is known as Hypoglycemia

I would up the number of calories, and get that blood sugar level up so that you don't feel dizzy which is what is bringing on the vomiting.
This is just my personal opinion, and because of what you're experiencing I would strongly recommend you SEE A MEDICAL PRACTITIONER FOR PROPER ADVICE
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:29 am

Another thing to consider is - when are you exercising...and how hard.
My first rules of weight loss are "do no harm - always listen to your body" and "push yourself but don't break yourself".

Also make very sure that you are well hydrated at all times. Drink stacks of fluid.

I echo Josie's advice as well. Make sure you are eating enough. Weight loss isn't about starvation. You need to eat enough to sustain your body for proper weight loss. Think in terms of eating enough to keep your body's weight stable and the exercise you do removing the extra fat reserves.

Also - when in doubt...see a doctor.
I'm the type of person who has to have a broken leg before he consents to see a doctor.
But when it came to weight loss I made sure that I had medical supervision.
Before I started I had my general health checked out and my asthma medication sorted.
During my weight loss journey I touched base with my doctor.
After reaching goal, my belly hernia had to be fixed and before that occurred I had a major medical check up to make sure everything was A okay.
Play it safe...consult an expert opinion.

Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Postby Tams » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Another thing to consider is that low calorie diets aren't for everyone. You have to find something that works for your body. It could be a simple adjustment as has been said, or it could just not work for you. I'm a person who has to eat, or I can get pretty sick (sick enough to land in hospital), but this is because of the illnesses I have and how they impact my nervous system, and then how any minor form of stress then also impacts me. A medical check up is never a bad idea, especially if it persists or concerns you...

Return to Ask the Mob