It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:33 am

Free Newsletter

how do i delete my account?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

how do i delete my account?

Postby fgamz89 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:08 pm

i want to delete this account and use my new email address for it, anyone know how i can delete this one?
STARTING WEIGHT: 62.7KG
GOAL 1: 58 KG - completed
GOAL 2: 54KG
FINISHING GOAL: 50KG
fgamz89

Re: how do i delete my account?

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:15 pm

The short answer is that you can't...
but you can change your current email address to your new one simply enough.
Just go to your User Control Panel (left hand side above in light blue panel).
Once in click on "Profile" tab - then select "Edit Account Settings" tab...and follow instructions to change your email address.

The reason why people can't delete their own accounts is so a history of threads and posts are preserved.
Once an old Monitor (who has the power to edit and delete) returned after an absence of some time
and decided to rewrite history and delete old posts she had written.
That may be okay for her but unfortunately it rendered the threads unfollowable and robbed current Forum users the wisdom contained within.

A while back I had a request by someone who wanted to have her account deleted because of fears of having her identity discovered by employers etc. Whilst I didn't delete her account for the reasons I have already outlined, I did however alter a few posts to make her identification by those who knew her more difficult. What most people don't realise that is that the internet isn't 100% anonymous as they suppose. In her case with minimal information I was able to find her address and last name with some simple searches from other source other than this Forum. At least I was able to shut this door for her - but the others are still out there. It is always good policy to remember that what you post (or for that matter - what you visit) is always traceable by someone in the know! :shock: So always post with that in mind! 8)

If you have further questions or concerns - please feel free to get in contact with me.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Ask the Mob