It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Green Teas

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Green Teas

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Does green tea and herbal teas count towards daily water consumption?

I'm struggling to consume 2L of water a day. It's way too cold to drink cold water and I would rather have something hot. I'm consuming about 6 cups of green tea (no sugar - yuk) and 3 cups of dandelion tea a day. With little sips of water here and there

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:13 pm

um im not sure jen but here are some tips i read in take 5 mag this week about green tea:

5 reasons to drink green tea

1. cut your cancer risk - the anitoxidents in the green tea discourage the growth of cancer cells

2. steady your blood pressure- studies show that people who drink half a cup a day are almost 50% less likely to wind up with hypertension than non-drinkers

3. protect your memory- the anitoxidents fight the free-raidcal damage to brain nerves assiciated with alzheimers and parkinson's disease.

4. stay younger for longer- green tea deters your body from absorbing artery clogging fat and cholesterol

5. lose weight- drinking green tea speeds up your body's kilojoule burning process
kate_turner2000

Postby Pipsi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:23 pm

ooh I saw that article too Kate! Gotta love Take 5 :) I like the new green teas with peach and vanilla. Makes them a bit more interesting.

I have no idea if they contribute to your water intake - what about a google search!?
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Pipsi

Postby madeline » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:46 pm

I wouldn't think so... I think even green tea dehydrates you a bit.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:07 pm

Google search - now why didn't I think of that?

Thanks for sharing those tips Kate, its good to know something that I love is actually working for my body instead of against it.

I didn't think that green tea has as much caffeine as regular tea does. Something else to find out I guess

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Chelle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:44 pm

There has been a discussion on this topic ages ago. Some people said yes & most people said no. I would try & drink as much water as possible if you find that you are just under your 2litre recondmendation then have one at night.
Chelle

Postby madeline » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Just bought twinings green tea with citrus... could smell the yummy grapefruit and lemon zest though the box. It's my first time regularly drinking green tea in my diet, will keep you guys posted on whether or not it makes a difference :)
madeline

Postby Lady bird » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:06 am

It is best to try and keep your water up. some have hot water with a slice of lemon ,

have a bottle of water out and every time you see it have a couple of mouthfuls, and before you know it you would have drink it all.

Lady bird
Lady bird

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:57 pm

Yeah I've been doing this for the past week. It came to me one morning while I was preparing my usually green tea. Now I take a whole lemon to work with me each morning :D

The bottle on the desk trick doesn't work for me. There are days I'm so run off my feet, I'm hardly at my desk and other days I just procrastinate the day away, in which case I usually make several trips to the staff room to make tea, chat with colleagues.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby grugwashere » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:53 am

is green tea a diuretic like regular tea? im really bad when it comes to them.. i pee non stop for a couple of hours.. i never ever drink tea because of it... id like to try green tea but not if its exactly the same....
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby madeline » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:12 pm

^^^ :D

you're so funny.

I agree, green tea goes straight though you but I think it really helps in losing weight. I had a big STEAK yesterday along with everything I usually had, but I had 5 or 6 cups of green tea and I actually lost weight.
madeline

Return to Ask the Mob