It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:04 am

Free Newsletter

sugarfree/low joule soft drinks

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Bevels78 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:00 pm

951 aspartme is the culprit with the bad side effects in diet coke, pepsi max, etc. I used to drink it all day every day (Like 6-8 cans) and get really bad headaches, stomach cramps, etc. I still have it but have cut down to 1-2 cans a day. I am now drinking water even though I hate water. :D

I have also heard about the sacchrin(sp) causing cravings.
I really need to wean right off it eventually I think.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy0M35I/]
[/url]

FRIDGE PICKERS WEAR BIGGER KNICKERS
Bevels78

Postby phatcappy » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:13 pm

diet wise (as in trying to loose weight) these sugar free drinks are good for you, compared to their sugar filled relatives, as they contain very little energy , no fat and very little carbs. However long term health wise they probably arnt the best thing. Its believed that these sugar substitutes can be carcinogenic. But i wouldnt worry about it, most things are carcinogenic, such as burnt toast. lol
phatcappy

Postby Czarina » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:46 pm

When I have the occasional diet beverage, I like the Diet Rite ones, the portello is so yummy and doesn't really taste like diet. But most of the time I drink plain soda water, which is great, no calories, no nasty stuff!
Czarina

Postby garn » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:09 pm

Really enjoyed all the info on this post.
Just been doing a little research and it is quite scary!

My husband has been suffereing migranes for the past couple of years as well as intestinal problems and this aspartane ingredient does cause all of that.
He was a 2 coke a day guy for the last 16years so im am now thinking this may be related to his health issues. He has switched over to flavored milk now for the past week, so it will be interesting to see if any of these issues start to reverse.

Think i will just leave the soft drinks to the nights when i want to have a alcholic drink with a mixer.... yuck...

anita

Mini Goal 100
garn

Postby electrongirl » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:46 pm

I havn't had Coke Zero since before Xmas and there are so many things I have noticed, strangley my skin is better. I am sleeping better and havn't had a headache in ages!! Also my neck and back havn't been as sore (I have osteoarthritis) funny huh!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Previous

Return to Ask the Mob