It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:29 am

Free Newsletter

losing weight in the wrong place!!!

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

losing weight in the wrong place!!!

Postby hidotcom » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:30 pm

hi everyone.

Just a quick question.

I'm not a overall obese person. in fact i only weigh around 55.
(i'm only 15 + 4 months)
anyways i have been trying to loose weight on my thighs (inner) as you do at my age lol. but with a healthy diet (cereal and fruit mainly) and walking around 40 mins 3 times a week and jogging for like half an hour 2-3 times a week i havnt been getting anywhere.
and i have been doing this for a few months now.

ALL i have noticed is that my upper body (breasts) have become a LOT smaller then they used to be. I dont know if I should keep excersising because i dont want to loose anymore weight there (looking at my family they aren't going to grow a hell of a lot more anyway) but i wanna try and loose weight on my legs.

help! what do i do??

thanks. (i hope this is in the right section)

Postby Jisgone » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:11 pm

unfortunately u cant spot reduce fat, so no matter how hard u try you will lose fat off your entire body, and the first place u lose it from might just be your chest!
running is great for toning your thighs and bum, and great for your health too so keep at it :)

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:09 am

jewels is right, running is great for the thighs ;) and cross trainer too ;) Maybe if you are not trying to lose weight, just tone certain areas its worthwhile to go to a gym and chat to a personal trainer?? Im sure they will be able to give you specific exercises to do and things that will target your thighs ;) Even if u only go the once to the advice from a professional?? :) xx

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:38 am

What the girls have said but you could do some exercises to tone the leg's like squat's, lunges, kick back's, double leg raise, leg scissor kicks, side leg raise, inverted bicycle exercise, skipping rope just a few exercise's you can do around the house. You have no choice where fat decides to come off but you can work on a part of you body a bit harder which will help to tone.

Postby madeline » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:18 am

Yep unfortunately that's what seems to happen to most women. First place you lose weight from is boobs, then around the face, then tummy, then arms, then butt THEN thighs grrr.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)

Return to Ask the Mob