It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Daily activity

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Daily activity

Postby shelbel » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:18 pm

Hi guys,
I read somewhere that your body gets used to certain levels of daily activity/movement and therefore to lose weight you have to do more. Do you know how much truth there is in that? I have a pretty active job and move around alot, at least 12000 plus steps just at work, somedays im too tired to exercise as well!
Any comments are most helpful!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby madeline » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:41 pm

hehe i'm no expert or anything but that sounds right hun... more movement suddenly should equal weight loss. the only exercise i do in a week is 2 days shopping with my friends and walking to and from the train station and around uni a couple of days a week. i have a desk job. when i calculate my cals i do it based on very inactive/bedridden :oops: :D if i suddenly exercise i'd probably lose heaps... i'm planning to start swimming again when it gets warmer so that should help.
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby SarahC » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:43 am

I would go along with that, definitely. I go to the gym every morning and walk at lunchtimes... all that does is balance out the food I eat. When I want to lose weight I need to do cardio at night time as well. I'm guessing that if I did cardio every night that would eventually have no impact either. I will end up doing nothing all day every day apart from excercising just to maintain :shock: :roll:
SarahC

Postby shelbel » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Thanks for the imput guys, i know i should just stop being so lazy and get up and move it to lose it!! But i hoped for a cheats ways out!! :) Well its a bit of an excuse not to exercise too much too soon or i'll have nowhere to go and have to exercise all dayl ike Sarah said! :shock:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Return to Ask the Mob