It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Free Newsletter

What do you wear to the gym?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:39 pm

I usually wear a tank top with an inbuilt bra thingy, and tight pants (3/4 leggings or full length ones). Cause then things are less likely to jiggle.

Ditto but I wear a sports bra as well!! I hate to jiggle!!!

I like to look ok when I go to the gym, most people at our gym do make some effort. And nobody really cares if you do or don't but I find it gets me in the right frame of mind. If I am dressed for the gym, I go to the gym and then I work hard.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:04 pm

*hands up* the shorts riding up my you know what and the tops riding up under my breasts to reveal my fat apron !
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:56 pm

Exercise can be a real hassle when you have to spend half the time adjusting clothes that are going where they shouldnt be!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby electrongirl » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:11 pm

you'll actually find most people don't take much notice of other people at gyms. The only people who do are the show ponies.

Most people there are concentrating on what they are doing and also alot of people are self concious so they just do their thing and keep to them selves.

I always believed the idea of going to the gym was to get all hot and sweaty so I never got the point of "dressing up" to go to the gym, eg: makeup, perfect hair etc....

but what you wear as long as its practical should be totally up to you.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 pm

I wear the tight 3/4 leggings, the pairs I have are very tight but I can't stand to wear baggy pants and hell, I worked damned hard for these legs!!! (Go RPM!!). And I wear a short sleeved sports t-shirt like Adidas, Nike, Brooks etc.. I just have my hair up and out of my face, nothing fancy. Just be aware that if you wear like dress type things it may just annoy you when you're trying to work out and get in your way.

And yeah, gyms are there for working out so I never notice what other people are wearing! Except once when a girl I know turned up in a bright orange tank top & 3/4 pants :o :o :shock: :shock:
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Chelle » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:02 am

I don't mind having a perve somtimes at the guy's when I do my weight's. That's probly the only thing I look at.
Chelle

Postby Jisgone » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:07 am

i have plain black 3/4 pants and a white fitted polo, like tegan said i dont see the point spending money on clothes im going to sweat in, when im walking out people are too busy looking at my bright pink face and the sweat pouring off me, not the brand of my pants :)
Jisgone

Postby talia11 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:38 pm

I bought a couple of pairs of Running Bare yoga 3/4 pants - they are so comfortable and keep everything in their place - then I got a stack of Adidas singlet tops from Rebel for about 10 bucks each so I wear them. If I am having a fat day I usually wear cargo type shorts and a normal top...
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:18 pm

Oooh what a good score, those Adidas tops from Rebel!!!

I know what you mean about having fat days and wanting to hide at the gym :P When you're doing abs and you look down and go urrgh look at my belleh!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby MissE » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:33 am

i wqear light trackies and whatever t-shirt i dig up. i dont have specific gym tops coz i dont sweat. its kinda creepy, i can work hard out and be completely stuffed - no sweat. good though :D i tend to just go red!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby sharmie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:33 pm

I don't think that anyone really takes notice for what other people wear to the gym, If they're already fit and maintaining or whatever they are too busy talking to other fit people whilst jogging on the treadmill at a speed which i could probably not breathe properly at and if they aren't they are too focused no making the most of thier own workout to care what anyone else is wearing, If you wanna look good at the gym i say go for it, you never know it might motivate you to try even harder, the main thing is comfort!
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:17 pm

I agree, comfort is the most important thing, who cares what it looks like!! I wear my t-shirts until they are stained and threadbare, then I continue to wear them after that even though it is disgusting, just cos they're comfortable! (OK I've just chucked a couple and wearing in some new ones :roll: ) And have to wear tighter kind of pants so that they don't ride up or rub on the inner thighs, yuck!
SarahC

Postby carls » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:48 pm

i have to get myself in the right frame of mind to go to gym, so i make sure that i wear gym clothes i love.

so i wear adidas 3/4 tights, a singlet top (usually adidas) and cute trainers!
Image[/url]
carls

Postby milkyway » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:33 pm

I admire anyone who makes an effort with their appearance, even at the gym :)

But I do think make up and hair efforts at the gym are a little silly as everyone looks the same after 20-30 mins of exercising.

I wear a lot of cool max/quick dry pants and t-shirts. I don't spend much on gym clothes but I spend heaps on good outdoors/hiking stuff. I usually just wear trackies - either leggings or baggy pants with a t-shirt. I hate my knees so shorts are a no go for me :oops:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:41 pm

Hey mad how are you going at the gym?? Do you like it??
Chelle

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the Mob