It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Help!! What to do about a big night out (tomorrow) ??

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Help!! What to do about a big night out (tomorrow) ??

Postby bear » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Hey, any clues?? I'm going to a undercover party with cocktails ( yummy icy pina coladas, strawberry daiquiris and marquiritas) My weakness!!! There will be party food too!! What can I do to save myself from too much calorie blow out???HELP!!!!!!!!!

Postby SarahC » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:22 pm

- Eat before you go so you are not too hungry
- Sit far away from the food, so you have to get up to reach it.
- If possible sit so you are not facing the food so you can't see it, out of sight out of mind
- If there are any healthy options, go for those
- Bring along a plate of healthy food to contribute to the party, if that wouldn't look rude that is.
- Drive, so you can't drink too much
- If it's cocktails, you could make your own, and put less alcohol in yours
- Drink lots of water

- Have fun!!

Postby Chelle » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:05 am

Everything Sarah has said.. Have fun!!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:55 am

great tips there from sarah! theres nothing better than an undercover wear party! my friends and i used to have one all the time when we were teenagers and the consultant made a lot of money from us hehe. what i can suggest is maybe have one cocktail over the course of the evening and sip on water between cocktail sips. get a plate or serviette and put about 4 or 5 little party foods on it and nibble on them for the night. drink heaps of water before you go to the party, and remember that if you are busy playing games and trying on outfits etc you wont have time to be eating and drinking :)

Postby sassi » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:14 am

and if you are having the cocktails, avoid the pina coladas cos they're often made with cream/coconut cream. strawberry daiquris are usually better because they're just fruit & alcohol.

definitely eat before you go & driving is my thing these days - it means i can have a drink (if i feel like it) but i don't drink too much.

and most of all - still have fun & enjoy yourself :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:20 am

I often take a bottle of soda water to these parties cause I find most cocktails are far too sweet for me now, so I get them to just pour a 1/2 then top up with soda water (the watery not creamy ones that is).
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:23 am

I don't think its rude to take a healthy food platter for everyone to share so definitely take one.

Also they sell low cal wine now, take a bottle with you have one glass throughout the night, slowly sipping it so you don't feel like you are missing out and you don't feel guilty for all the extra cals.

And drive there too so you can only have one and no more.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!

Postby bear » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:23 pm

Thanks for the tips, they are fantastic!!!Just need to keep me will power UP!! I'll be going with my mum( so she'll be driving) The cocktails are already premixed!! There will be small glasses so as I don't really drink 1 or 2 will send me spastic!! But I'll definiately stay as far away as possible from the food and have my back to it!!keep busy trying on outfits!! And have dinner beforehand and drink lots of water!! If I manage to pig out, I'll have a big day at the Gym tomorrow! No I will be good!! :) :cry:

Return to Ask the Mob