It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:34 am

Free Newsletter

how much is too much exercise?

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

how much is too much exercise?

Postby bear » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:27 pm

Just wondering how much is too much exercise? I jumped on the scales today and gained a kilo from last week :oops: ( and it ain't muscle!!!) I know it's because my eating has been out of control for the past 8 weeks ( I got so close to my goal weight, half a kilo, and gave up and ate and have been since) so no excuses!!
I started a exercise regime of getting up early and walking for an hour every day then I'd go to the Gym and do 1 or 2 classes ( pump,cardio and abs or cycle). I also got a trainer to flog me on fridays (starts this week). Do you think that is too much? What does everyone else do?
bear

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:00 am

doesnt sound like too much to me bear. ive aske dthat question on adros forum before and told him i do an hour a day and he said if time permits than to raise the bar and do any extra hour a day if possible. due to having a toddler running around though i find i can manage with an hour a day sometimes more depending on the weather.
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:48 am

The best advice I can give is to listen to your body. Your body will let you know whether you are pushing yourself to hard or not :D .
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby madeline » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:46 pm

I don't think that's too much (1 hour walk + 1 hour class per day). That's about what I do, but my walking is around uni and to the train station and stuff. I quite often do a 1 hour class in the morning and walk 30 mins in the afternoon. I think that's perfectly acceptable, bear :)
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Return to Ask the Mob