It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

A confusing question..

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

A confusing question..

Postby MissE » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:14 pm

I cant work this out.

If you are following an eating plan and losing weight, and you start to exercise alot and lose more weight, then you stop or slow down the exercise to what it was before, will you still lose weight?

or does your body get used to the higher level of exercise so you dont lose weight without it?

I'm on a big exercise kick at the moment, but I tend not to keep it up and I'm worried I'm doing more harm than good and when I slow down again, I'll stop losing weight or even put it back on because my body will get used to the exercise...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Ses » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:41 pm

My experience has been that if I excercise I lose the weight faster. If I stop excercising and eat the same, the loss slows/stops.

On maintenence I can eat much more if I excercise, but if I stop the excercise the kg creep back up......
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby MissE » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:00 pm

yeah i know its faster if i exercise, but im confused about whether your body gets used to the level of exercise and if you drop off for some reason you stop losing the weight even though you are eating the same as you were before you started exercising and were losing weight then.

sorry, i know its a bit of a convoluted question.

Lets say i was losing 0.5kg a week on an eating program. i start exercising and stay on the same eating program and that loss goes to 1.0kg a week. If i stop the exercise will the weightloss simply go back to 0.5kg a week again, or will i have gotten used to exercising and now need to do it to lose weight, and stop losing altogether?
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Ses » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:48 pm

I think you will still lose the weight at the lower rate ....., maybe a bit more as your basal metabolism will still be higher then it was before.
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Return to Ask the Mob