It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Addicted to coca-cola

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Addicted to coca-cola

Postby sharmie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:48 pm

:oops: I'am addicted to coke. You know that wonderful brown, bubbly, sugary, caffinated liquid. The one that destroys your teeth and makes up a good litre or more a day of the liquid part of my diet (depending on wether or not i've had to go to work or uni). That lovely liquid that makes Bundy or Vodka yummy. I need to stop, and i need some help. I am a strong believer that diet soft drinks are a watse of time and who could possibly like that taste of coke enough to want to drink the diet caffiene-free variety. Has anyone else had trouble giving the stuff up? Any advice would be welcomed with open arms and given a big hug.

While i'm waiting i can hear the bottle in the fridge singing out, :roll: look forward to seeing how you peeps have delt with it!
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Postby madeline » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:08 pm

Diet coke? Pepsi max?

Tastes the same to me, but for only 9cals! Maybe you can tell the difference if you're addicted though...
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby sharmie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:12 pm

pepsi max and coke zero are ok, but pepsi light and diet coke i can't stand, the fake sugar that is in diet coke, its the same sugar that is in sugar free gum, it gives me the diahrrea, also it just tastes gross.

sharmie

Postby sassi » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:13 pm

what part about it is it that you reallllllly like about coke? is it the sugary taste or the fizz etc? cos maybe a place to start is to decide what it is you like about it & then find a substitute.

i guess a lot of it comes down to what works for you - maybe you can make a deal with yourself that whenever you want to drink a glass/bottle of coke, you have to drink 2 glasses of water first...that way you'll probably not drink it or not drink as much. if that makes sense!
sassi

Postby Rustie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:28 pm

Dont worry your not alone. I cut down my intake but i buy cans now and not bottles. Also only stick 1 can in the fridge cause hot coke tastes gross.
Will power is your best friend!!

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Bigrik » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:39 pm

My biggest tip in terms of diet, is planning whether it be what im drinking or eating.

Saturdays after the gym i go and do the next weeks grocery shop, come up and freeze and put away everything else. Buy your coke if can't possible live without it or substitue it, say you normally have 6 bottles a week, buy 4. Having your whole weeks diet at home meals you dont add, and once you are out thats it, you'll have to weight. Every Couple of weeks buy one bottle less, this way you are either only having it for less days or having smaller amounts each time to get through the week.

Either way your consumption is reducing and eventually can ween your self right down and use it as a rewards if necessary

Rik
84 Day Challenge
28 Days Down 12.2kgs off
Goal 30kg
Stretch Goal 40kg
Bigrik

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:21 pm

i used to be a big normal coke drinker. i didnt think id ever be able to give it up. i started by eliminating coke altogether and drinking diet passionfruit soft drink or diet lemonade then i started including coke zero into my life. sine i hadnt had a taste of caffienated soft drink for ages the coke zero tasted pretty ok!!! now if i taste normal coke i feel sick from it.
kate_turner2000

Postby talia11 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:32 am

I used to drink Coke all the time - I weaned off it by switching to diet coke and then reducing my intake.
It looks like youre gonna have to do the hard yards - If you like zero or max then wean yourself onto that then cut down your intake....don't really know what else to say - if as Kate said - you could replace with another fizzy drink...
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby sharmie » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:38 pm

I have once before weaned myself off it and started drinking sprite/lomonade instead. Then after a particularly horrible string of closes at work (I work at maccas) started drinking it again for the caffiene. I think i might try the idea of weaning myself of onto coke zero and then going from there. Ideally i would go all the way through to just drinking water instead but the water that comes out of my tap here at home tastes horribble at the moment!!!

Buy your coke if can't possible live without it or substitue it, say you normally have 6 bottles a week, buy 4. Having your whole weeks diet at home meals you dont add, and once you are out thats it, you'll have to weight.

the idea of having my weeks worth of food at home is great, but i really am very lazy at the moment and don't know if right now i could bring myself to actually get up early enough to pack lunch and that to take to work and uni!

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, I'll keep you updated on how i'm going!!

sharmie

Postby electrongirl » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:47 pm

I LOVE coke zero.

If you need something to keep you awake, eat an apple, it has more affect than a cup of coffee!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:35 pm

i found it easy to stop drinking coke. I drink more diet cordial or water now. And the diet cordial tastes the same as normal cordial to me. If i do drink soft drink i drink diet caffeine free coke and it tastes the same to me. But the easiest way to give it up is to just not buy it. dont have it in the house.
Goodluck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Schteve » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:53 pm

It may seem odd, but try giving yourself a few bad experiences with coke. Binging is bad for you, but it makes me not want to touch the stuff for several days. Maybe try drinking a few glasses of warm, flat coke and see how it goes down. This will make your brain associate bad thoughts with the drink rather than good thoughts.

And, as people have said, make a decision to buy less of it so there is much less around, less temptation. And find a substitute drink.

For those who say there is no difference between coke and coke zero... Wow. I guess you are lucky, you can drink it just as easily. Its probably like wine, some people can taste a lot in them while others can't. I can taste a big difference between coke and coke zero, and in fact I can taste the difference between coke from a bottle and coke on tap, and even notice differences in different batches.
Schteve

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:56 pm

hey schteve i can notice the difference between coke too. i can notice if its from a bottle or a can or on tap (syrup mixed with soda). i can notice the difference between the different kinds of coke too like diet coke and normal coke. i went from normal coke to diet lemonade and diet passionfruit soda then when i swtiched back to normal coke i didnt like the taste. i tried coke zero and found that i now prefer that to normal coke. but i hate diet coke.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:13 pm

oh me too Kate, I hate diet coke....it gives me a headache! I drink coke zero or caffiene free coke..(for some reason, it doesnt bother me???) but pepsi max wins hands down for me ;)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby sharmie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:05 pm

I can taste the difference between coke and coke zero, the big difference is between diet and zero, the diet tastes so fake and horrible whereas the zero, although it does taste different, it taste more like normal coke. I tried the whole buying my weeks worth of coke and having at home, It didn't really work. Its only been in the house a coupple of days and i have already drunk half of it :oops: . No to mention that i get free coke at work (depending on which manager is on). :oops: I'm getting the distinct feeling that this will be a difficult thing to do

sharmie

Next

Return to Ask the Mob