It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

Addicted to coca-cola

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:14 pm

just thought id let you know that there are some really bad affects of drinking so much caffiene. my brother used to drink several cans of pepsi a day. he found he was bleeding when he went to the toilet, had to have a laproscopy done and it was ruining his digestive system, he isnt allowed to have it anymore full stop. think about what it is doing to your body. i drink 1 -2 glasses of it a day but i think drinking too much of it isnt a good thing
kate_turner2000

Postby sharmie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:45 pm

:shock: OMG I knew that coke and caffiene in high doses was bad for you but i didn't realise it was that bad. IS your brother ok now that he is not drinking it anymore? That is a really good reason to stop drinking it! Thank you for sharing that with me Kate, That really is the kick in the pants i needed. :!:
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:04 pm

yeah he is doing ok now :) he was worried it was something more sinister like cancer or something and then when the operation was over the dr came in and said 'cut the coke out!' it was basically eating away his digestive system. as well as cutting out caffiene he had to up his fibre as well to help it all become healthy again
kate_turner2000

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:57 pm

afew months ago before i started taking weighloss seriously i too would go threw coke, shamefully enough to admit it sometimes 15litres a week. i thort about the small changes about losing weight, so i made dad start buying wheat multigrain bread and lemonade. with the lemonade i think i just didnt like plan water at the time, but i slowly wheened myself off the coke threw lemonade and the odd pepsi max, than i just started to drink cola cordial... than i'm onto water :D i drink like 2l a day and have afew cups of tea or coffee depenidn on my mode. Hoped my little story helped.
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby Foreverdieting » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Sharmie, What you need to focus on is how empty these kilojoules are .... I used to be an avid Pepsi drinker before I knew how much of my daily energy was coming from it! Switch to Pepsi max (it is the closest low kilojoule one to the real thing! I'll swear by tht!) and tell yourself tht you'd much rather eat your kilojoules than drink it. That shd be motivation enough ... 2 cans of normal coke/pepsi is almost as much kilojoules as a 4 finger kit-kat and takes an hr to burn off at the Gym.
Foreverdieting

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:52 pm

Sharmie I here you sister COKE yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Before i started my journey coke was my life and i used to drink coke and only coke. :lol:

But now i drink soft drink once or twice a week other times it is my beloved water bottle. Pepsi max tastes alright and its low in cals
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Schteve » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:31 pm

To add on to my earlier suggestions, try drinking water out of an empty coke bottle. I've been doing that for the last two weeks (first time I've gone more than a couple of days without coke in probably 7 years) and today I happened to pull half a bottle of coke out of my uni bag, and I literally felt sick just looking at it! I didn't think I'd ever be feeling like that.
Schteve

Postby Haylez » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:28 pm

Don't want to alarm anyone, but I have read alot of articles, been told by doctors and studied this at uni.

Apparently diet drinks (ones that use artificial sugar) are a big cause of kidney cancer. One of my mums friends was diagnosed with kidney cancer, he had a completely healthy life, didn't drink alcohol, but drank a lot of diet coke and the doctor told him that this was the cause of the cancer.

Our bodies can't break down teh artificial sugar, so it builds up in our organs
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3VWsLL/]
[/url]

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas
Haylez

Previous

Return to Ask the Mob