It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

need help on a question

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

need help on a question

Postby Ledzeppelin2007 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Hey, I'm a new person on this forum. I've been looking for a place where i can ask questions bout some things my friends dont no and i cant find answers too, and the motivation is good too.

Lately i have been jogging for 20mins sessions and with 1min rest 2min on intervals. I'm trying to reduce my weight. Here are my details

Height: 196cm
Weight: 113.6kg
BMI: 28
Goal Weight: <100

so I've really come here to ask whether it is possible for myself to lose the weight? i'm aware of kJ's in to out and lately i have been Drinkin heaps more water but have the occasionally coffee or tea. I calculated around 13800 KJ daily intake and if i cut back 3000 a day i can lose like 800grams a week. Are these numbers right? I'm also starting to join a gym with a friend, so whats a good start? I've sorta gathered that something like 10min on a bike 10mins of weights 10mins of treadmill 5min strechdown followed by a fastpaced or jog 10min home.. probably gym 3-4 times a week and the other days do jog around the street and push ups and sit ups at home. This is sorta what i have prepared to do. Any tips, advice, hints and words would be very much predicated

NOTE: sorry if your reading this twice i was unsure which area to post it in, so i thort i'd ask the mob
Keep it real
Ledzeppelin2007

Postby Chelle » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Welcome to the forum :D

Sounds like you are on the right track. look with cutting back 3000Kj a week it all depend on how your body responds because every one's different. It great that your are counting calories alot of peole on this forum like to use calorieking. With exercise write out an exercise journel & mix it up so that your body dosen't get use to the same routine & drink plenty of water. It also great that you have a gym buddy/workout buddy so that you can motivate each other & kick each other's backside when one of you start to get lazy.
Chelle

Return to Ask the Mob