It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 am

Free Newsletter

Needing a swift kick !!!

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Needing a swift kick !!!

Postby bear » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:57 pm

Hey everyone!! :D

I need your help!! I need a swift kick in the butt!!
My eating is out of control!!! :cry:
I am stressed ( 3 big assignments due) One on Friday! and the info I need is unavailable on ebrary.

Please help, I'm only 2 kgs off goal!! Thanks Sarah
bear

Postby Rustie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:00 pm

Have you tryed taking a walk to clear your head??
The exercise kicks in the good hormones and makes u feel better...
Good luck with the study

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby Schteve » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:03 pm

Ahh public holiday monday is the time to be doing assignments it seems, I've got a few biggies due tomorrow that I had all holidays to do and am just starting. ;)

I'm managing it by keeping a bottle of water next to me the whole time (I've refilled it about 5 times so far! :P) and not allowing myself to eat or do anything else until I get to a set goal. When I got up I said to myself no breakfast until one assignment is complete. Now, no snacks until the next one is well underway. Though I am stopping for a break on other websites right now.

Set yourself another assignment! Lose half a kilo, due: friday. Good luck with it. :)
Schteve

Postby electrongirl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:12 pm

its gunna cost ya!!!

he he he I love Calvin & Hobbes
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby madeline » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:23 pm

hehe aww he's so cute :)
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby SarahC » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:32 pm

hehe, very cute!

I agree with the walking. When I was studying I found that was the best thing to get rid of stress (although I did spend a large proportion of time in the kitchen staring at food!). Just put on some runners and take a quick walk around the block :wink:
SarahC

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:07 pm

Stop procrastinating with food and worrying about it and just do the bloody assignment. Seriously, I get enough of this from my sister!!!! :roll: :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby bear » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:50 pm

Thanks guys!!! :D :D

Nikki - I love it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schteve- Great idea about getting myself 0.5 kilo target to lose by friday!! :D I'll totally get a big bottle of water and drink it and lock my fridge!! Why do we do that to ourselves( leave our assignments to the last minute?) :?

Thanks Butterfly Dawn!! :D Need to be told straight to do pull my finger out!!! :D :D

Altho I'm the best procrastinator in the world!! Just ask me!!! :lol:

Anyway I'm 1/2 way through the first biggie assignment!! Just keep going!! ( motivating myself!!)

I'll be gymming tomorrow to try and burn some empty cals I ate over the long weekend!! Then hitting the books to finish the first assignment!!

Keep kicking my butt as I really need it!! :oops: :oops:
THanks Guys!! Sarah
bear

Postby Schteve » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:22 pm

bear wrote:Altho I'm the best procrastinator in the world!! Just ask me!!! :lol:

I'm the best procrastinator. Just ask me! I'll get back to you tomorrow... Or the next day.. Or sometime... :lol:

Why do we do that to ourselves( leave our assignments to the last minute?)

I always thought it was because I was putting off hard stuff, but then when I finally do it in a panic I find its easy and always wish I had just one extra day to make it that much better. Probably because 'why do now what you can do tomorrow'. :P

I have half of one left.. But had started writing garbage, so went outside for fresh air.
Schteve

Postby bear » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:35 pm

"I have half of one left.. But had started writing garbage, so went outside for fresh air"

Schteve - Hey did you go back inside and finish it?? :wink:

Or are you going to get back to it tomorrow or the next day?? :lol:
ImageImage
bear

Postby Schteve » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:29 pm

Haha, I would have... But it was due today. So I had to.

Next up, nanotech prac due thurs. Should start today since I have volleyball tomorrow night..

How are yours going?
Schteve

Postby bear » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:30 pm

Yeap! That's all I can say about it!! :(
Due Friday! Done 95% of it!! :) One thing I want to use is now unavailable but so relevant to the assignment!! S$@#%!! If only I got the info I needed earlier!! So it's my own fault :cry:
I was thinking about bullsh%$#ting my way since the teacher won't be able to check it out!! Do you reckon I should or will he mark me down since he can't access the info?? What a dilemma!!
Hoping what I written will get me through as it's worth 50% of the grade!! He's a cranky old man as he failed a few people last assignment and refused to let them resubmit!! :evil:
Anyway fingers crossed!!
What is a nano tech prac? :? What are you studying at Uni?
Have fun at volleyball!!! :D
ImageImage
bear

Postby Schteve » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:59 pm

Heh, I bullsh*t my way through a lot of assignments. Is he actually likely to check your sources? If not, then you might as well. Probably wouldn't hurt to try to find a similar source though.. I don't think my sources have ever been checked before.

bear wrote:What is a nano tech prac? Confused What are you studying at Uni?

Nanotechnology experiment. Chemistry on the nanoscale (a billionth of a metre). My course is nanotechnology, and I have these 7 hour experiments once a week then a week to write them up.. Much fun!

What course are you doing? I hadn't heard of that ebrary resource you mentioned earlier, is it good?
Schteve

Postby bear » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:49 pm

I finished it!!! :D Put it in my bag , loose in my folder but didn't zip the bag!! I was talking on the phone and my baby ( 22month old) grabbed out the cover sheet and made it pretty with a pink highlighter!! I thought it's Ok as my assignment was in my bag!! I then noticed a pile of paper that looked suspiciously like my assignment spewed in pink highlighter and realised she decorated it!! I thought it was funny like the excuse " the dog ate my homework" So unbelieveable yet it happened to me!! :lol: :lol:
Anyway 2 biggies to go!!! My course is a Prep one to get back into the swing of things!! I'm hoping to do either social work or Nursing next year!! :D
Chemisty hey? That would be so fun doing the experiments !! :D I'd probably blow things up!! :shock:
Altho not fun writing it up!! :( I prefer Biology!!
How was Volleyball? Today I had PT at the Gym and did alot of Boxing ( I so punch like a girl - bad technique) My lower back is killing me!! :cry:
ImageImage
bear

Postby Schteve » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:36 pm

Haha, that would be both frustrating and funny, your kid writing all over your assignment. Did you print it out again?

I don't really like biology all that much... Too much memorizing big words, it just doesn't have the same appeal to me as chemistry and physics.

Volleyball was good, I'm starting to run a lot harder during training and really feel like I've achieved something by the end of the 2.5 hours. And I think I'm much better off now that I'm drinking a litre of water after training rather than a can of coke. :P

Did you end up losing the weight you wanted to this week?
Schteve

Next

Return to Ask the Mob