It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

Girlie Question - TTOM and weight??

Got questions about weight loss? Ask the mob, they're sure to have the answers!

Moderator: Moderators

Girlie Question - TTOM and weight??

Postby bear » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:53 am

How much does TTOM affect your weight? Are you lighter or heavier? :? Apart from wanting to eat anything not bolted down?
I'm so close to goal, have lossed 1kg this week but haven't really been that good! wondering if it's due to TTOM?
ImageImage
bear

Postby electrongirl » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:59 am

Hi!! I found this article on the net. Hope it helps!!

Many women experience weight gain during the premenstrual phase or the two weeks immediately before their periods. Some of this weight gain is temporary and is caused by fluid retention in the body resulting from hormonal changes. Sometimes, certain food cravings during the premenstrual phase may result in binge-eating that eventually causes weight gain. If a woman has bad period pain, headaches, or mood changes, she may be less likely to adhere to her regular exercise routine. Limited exercise, combined with increased eating, work together to increase weight. Certain antidepressant medications may also cause weight gain as a side effect.

There are several ways to reduce weight gain during the premenstrual phase. A regular exercise routine and a balanced, nutritious diet are the most important lifestyle factors. Foods high in refined sugars should be replaced with those that are high in complex carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. Food cravings can be managed by getting adequate sleep, eating smaller and more frequent meals, limiting caffeine intake, staying well hydrated, and doing at least some exercise. Reducing salt intake in the last few days before one’s period can help minimize bloating and fluid retention. If fluid retention and bloating are pronounced, a diuretic such as spironolactone can be used to remove excess fluid from the body. Calcium supplements may also help reduce bloating and other PMS symptoms.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Cass101 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:02 am

Generally leading up to TTOM you start to retain fluid, so during TTOM you are generally heavier.

lol electro girl has beat me to it, just scrolled down and found her response! I suggest reading that it looks good!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Postby dietcoke » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:04 am

Yep it definitely affects my weight. For the two weeks before I gain a few kilos in water and about three days after it starts I've lost it again.

For me TTOTM is actually a blessing because I know all the water will be flushed out. Most women would be horrified but I actually look forward to it...damn water retention!
dietcoke

Postby tamlee » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:07 pm

I put on weight about a week before, then loss it again the day ttom stops. I have found I normally put on 2 kgs, or for a couple of weeks I will have no weight loss.

Thanks for the article electrongirl :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlFCALM/]
[/url]
tamlee

Postby Chelle » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:21 pm

I deffinately gain about 2Kg, but I know someone that can gain up to 5Kg.
Chelle

Postby bear » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:29 am

Cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one TTOM plays havoc with my weight!! Good to know I'm normal or as normal as it gets!! :lol:
ImageImage
bear

Return to Ask the Mob